Is there something im missing...

kay_411

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
just wondering i have all these eyeshadow and pigments but i was wondering if there is something that you guys feel im missing i feel im missing something but don't no what it might be...like a combination that you guys like that you feel everyone needs or its a must have. I love all colours but i think my favourite colours are purples and greens. I would be grateful if there is a colour missing to put it down aswell as the combination

I have;
ricepaper
all that glitters
juxt
embark
hepcat
silver ring
amber lights
electric eel
gesso
vanilla
woodwinked
carbon
cranberry
expensive pink
deep truth
sketch
humid
satin taupe
bright fuchsia
silver
mulch
golden olive
antiqued
burnt burgundy
deep brown

I would really appreciate it guys

Thanks

TISH1124

Are you asking for colors based on a certain skintone...if so, what skintone are you...
If not...you may get more responses if this is posted in recommendations.

MACa6325xi

I think you can look at previous posts to see what colors are popular, but ultimately, it's going to be up to you. You have to like the colors that you buy. I would go to the MAC counter and ask the same question and test the colors.

kay_411

sorry totally forgot i use select nw47 but i think that too dark for me so i use msf natual in dark that nearer to my skin tone but yet still a lil bit dark but its much better. and yes i would like something to enhance my skin tone i have dark brown hair with medium/dark brown eyes hope that helps

Thanks

kittykit

If you also like gold, you can try Gorgeous Gold with Humid and Vanilla as highlight. I also use Carbon for the outer corner when I wear this combination.

If there is a PRO store near you, you can try Bio-Green (my favourite!) and Bottle Green.

For purple, I recommend Beautiful Iris
winks.gif

I usually go to the store and tell the MAs what colours I like and they always match two colours together and try them on me.

gitts

Hi, you are basically the same skin tone as I am so I will just list a few of my favourite that you dont have. You can swatch in the store and see if they are to your liking.

Freshwater
Club
Coppering
Naked Lunch
Steamy
Parfait Amour
Stars & Rockets
Nocturnelle
Contrast

I hope that helps.

I don't have any suggestions but I say be careful not to buy dupes (I am so gulity of this).

Ex -Plum Dressing and Nocturnelle
-Fig 1 and Graphology

There ARE variations in the tones/colors but not by much IMHO!

This site is extremely helpful with combination suggestions: MAC Eyeshadow Combinations - Updated 08/19/08

Ex - Here are a few suggestions recommended for Expensive Pink (I like this E/S) among many:

Expensive Pink w/ Sumptuous Olive in the crease.
Expensive Pink w/ Star Violet & Beauty Marked.
Expensive Pink w/ Amber Lights or Woodwinked.
Relaxing w/Sumptuous Olive, Expensive Pink & Sable.
Sketch & Beauty Marked both go nicely w/ Gorgeous Gold, Trax, Vex, Expensive Pink & Nocturnelle.

SassyMochaJess

Some of my faves are:

patina
sable
tilt
twinks
goldmine
satellite dreams
fig1
shimmermoss
romp

That's all i could think of right now....