Is There such a Pigment Colour as SECREAT

bubbas454

Hi

I have just bought a lot of 4 full pigments one of which is SECREAT now I have been offline for ages so have not kept up with MAC LEs and new lines and in the listing she/he says its an LE shade.

Does it excist or have I been cheated!
hmm.gif

Thanks for your help on this

caffn8me

If you bought the pigments off eBay from swoosh_uk they're fake.

Secreat doesn't exist as a colour but their swoosh_uk's spelling isn't great so they may have meant secret which I don't believe exists either.

bubbas454

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
If you bought the pigments off eBay from swoosh_uk they're fake.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO how can you tell apart from the poss that secreat or secret does not exist and why do this people have to do this
rant.gif

caffn8me

The base of the pigment jars is thicker on fakes than on real jars. The boxes on other listings from swish_uk have printing errors. 100% definitely guaranteed fake.

Look at the back of the box. The genuine box says;

POLVOS CON PIGMENTOS

The fake box says;

POLVOS CON PLGMENTOS

bubbas454

Quote:
The base of the pigment jars is thicker on fakes than on real jars. The boxes on other listings from swish_uk have printing errors. 100% definitely guaranteed fake.

Thanks for your help I will be getting my money back from paypal Im so peeved I love mac stuff and because my nearest shop is so small everything gets sold out so quickly which is why I look to ebay for LEs and Discontinued items. I just cant understand why people would rip people off like that. I had the same problem a year ago with nonamesnow and she has finally lost her powerseller status but is still registered she should have been banned!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes me sooooooooo cross

caffn8me

nonamesnow was taken out heavily by the Nottingham Trading Standards officers - details of the raid were all over the local papers. She won't be selling fake products again.

caffn8me

It's exactly what these people deserve. They're criminals and their activities often fund things like drug running and terrorism.

bubbas454

I know!!! I have been trying to find an article about it but cant find nothing. It took so long for people to actually listen. Well Swoodh Uk will be next by the looks of things.

bubbas454

nah cant find nothing. Im not that bothered just would have liked to have read the articles on her as long as shes been caught thats the main thing.

bubbas454

Hey
Thanks for all your help the other day. The pigments arrived today they look exactly like mac until you compare them to the real thing. I have got them all out of the packaging which has no spelling mistakes on the box and compared the jar to my real pink opal and lovely lily and the lettering is higher and the clear bit at the bottom thicker. I will raise a complaint but just wanted to know if they were safe to use because if they are not ebay will need to be aware.

Thanks again

smiles.gif

P.S the one she is claiming is SECREAT or SECRET is actually lovely lily!

caffn8me

They are not known to be safe to use. Other counterfeit M·A·C products which have been laboratory tested have failed European safety laws. You really should not use them.

The only thing you can safely do with these is get a refund from the seller. If you are UK based then you can also raise a complaint with Trading Standards officers when you have the seller's address but you would need to send the products to Trading Standards for them to investigate. It's a criminal offence to sell counterfeit products. Details here

Please note that the seller is legally obliged to pay for your return postage and give a refund on the product before you send the product back. You also do not have to return the item in "as new" or resaleable condition to get a refund.

bubbas454

Lovely I will get the refund sorted and advise trading standards I have today reported all 53 of her fake M.A.C Auctions dont know if ebay will do much but thought Id better do it. Thanks again

bubbas454

Hi All

Just a quick update my local Trading standards are currently investigating this and will be sending all of the pigments off for tests ro see if they are fake but they are taking the aligation very seriously.

bubbas xx

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbas454
Hi All

Just a quick update my local Trading standards are currently investigating this and will be sending all of the pigments off for tests ro see if they are fake but they are taking the aligation very seriously.

bubbas xx

That's great news
smiles.gif
Thank you so much for helping with this :thumbsup:

bubbas454

Quote:
That's great news
smiles.gif
Thank you so much for helping with this :thumbsup:

Its my pleasure. Im sick of being scammed plus M.A.Cs products are so good and these people are giving them a bad name.

bubbas454

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkler
sorry for the huuuuuuuge bump, but this guy has got more stuff up again...

list of items.. it makes me so mad! luckily there aren't too many people bidding right now...

Tell me about it!!!! He wont be doing it for much longer see my below update

Em