Is this a fake from a CCO?

makeupgrl8

I just bought shimmertime and when I brought it home it was the only pigment that looks different than all of my others (all of which I have purchased at a MAC store). This is my first CCO purchase and am not sure what to think. The container is a little shorter, the stickers on the bottom are different fonts/spacing, and the back label is different. Is this a fake? I thought items purchased at a CCO were authentic!

Here are some pics:

CIMG3179.jpg

CIMG3183.jpg

CIMG3186.jpg

Thanks so much!!

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
If you got it from a CCO, afaik, it's unlikely it's fake.

ITA. They get their shipments from MAC/EL directly, so it would be almost impossible.

wolfsong

The font between stickers can differ between pigments - afaik due to length of shade names (ie a standard font size/spacing would mean some shades wont fit, and some would look too small) and what batch they come from (older batch/ from a different factory etc). The batch code can be above and below the shade name - the one above = stamped (which means it was a batch that was printed without codes by mistake/malfunction, and later amended).

The sizing of the pigment jars could be due to MAC using different manufacturers/factories. Ive seen differences in the font on the jar before from authentic pigments, so i shouldnt worry too much. Check out the great photos on the following link for peace of mind though:

http://specktra.net/f257/pictorial-a...a-g-l-m-90585/