Is this a fake MAC 187?

simplykat

I just won a bidding and got it for 20$ something. And then I went on here and checked to see if it was counterfeit... and I compared the authentic MAC w/ the one posted, and right off the bat, I see that the handles might be different. I'm not sure..

I compared brushes using this site: Ewige Liebe - 明知山有虎之MAC#187鬆粉刷(Counterfeit MAC) :: PIXNET BLOG ::

I have no idea why it says TRACYLYN8 on the bottom... while the ebay username is harryb609. But the store name is called TraHa.. I'm so confused! I looked up tracylyn8 and it seems that they have a store... but I don't see any items being sold. I'm not sure what's going on. AHHHH!

MAC__187-1.jpg

MAC_187_001.jpg

Can I get your input? Not sure what to do next... haven't paid them yet though! PS. I rarely ever ebay.. so I have no idea what any of this means.

wolfsong

That or she could have nicked the photos from another seller. Have you paid yet (im going to assume you dont want a fake MAC brush - dreadful quality)?
If not i would inform the seller that you are not completing the sale as they broke the legal contract that is the auction. They did this by selling you something that wasnt what you agreed to buy (AKA counterfeit instead of authentic - there are laws against this).
If you've paid, i would contact the seller as mentioned before so they dont ship the item out, and then report to ebay and paypal for a refund if the seller doesnt give you one (paypal is owned by ebay so all info will be passed between them - messages to and from the seller can be read by both ebay and paypal. These play a part as evidence if you file a claim, so i would 'kill them with kindness' myself).

toxik

can you take close up pics of the ferrel (sp?), hair and the lettering/stamping?use macro (the flower symbol) on your camera for close ups

that'd make identification easier =)