Is this Deckchair real?

kayley123

I swapped for this--it did NOT come with a box. I am looking for some opinions. :)
The "MAC" on the front does not quite line up with my other authentic jars (it seems to be a bit lower...and the text on the back is different and centered instead of left-aligned...but Deckchair is older and I saw some of the older ones in the guide (from 2004-2006?) that have that centered-alignment, and all my other jars (the ones I was using for comparison) are from 2007-2009, according to their batch codes. There may be other problems that I'm missing, as well. Please let me know if you see anything!
Here are pictures:

dangerousmuffins

looks real to me
the mac logo on front - mac is so very inconsistent with the placing of it - you can't really compare the jars from early mac to late mac - the placement is just all over the place.
You really need to compare real jars to fake jars of the same color and same time that that particular pigment came out.

The bottom of the jar doesn't look too thick in your photos - sign of it being real.

The label on the bottom looks fine too. That is also where mac is inconsistent.

sziem

I agree with the above poster, MAC are very inconsistent with logo placement and labelling but it looks real to me :)

apocalypgloss

I worked for MAC for 8 years. That is an authentic jar of Deckchair. Batch code labels came in several different colors and there are even some older pro ones where the bottom label is quarter sized and clear with a bunch of writing and the batch is then ink stamped (like they did with studio tech for a while) on the bottom instead. They aren't always consistent with the bottom label. The batch formulation is right for it to be an original Deckchair as well.