Is this eyeshadow fake Updated/ About frost eyeshadows

trob708

Hello. Iam new on here and this is my first post. It took awhile for me to be able to post messages on this site. I encountered a fake eyeshadow on Ebay before so Iam familiar with fake items. I recently purchased Mac Juiced eyeshadow from a seller, who I will reveal after I find out if the eyeshadow is fake. I am going to explain to you why I know it is fake:
It has a strong, loud smell that gives me an headache, which I smelled before from the first fake eyeshadow I bought from a different seller on Ebay.

The eyeshadow rubs off easy, even though it is a light color and its Velvet

Mac Juiced is an older eyeshadow and therefore, it should have two label stickers on it making it hard to scratch off: a white one under the one that actually has the name on it. This eyeshadow has one sticker and it easily can scratch off.

Lastly, none of my other eyeshadows have that smell.

I bought items from this seller before and I told her the same reasons why I believe it is a fake. She offered me a refund but when I said if you bought it from the Mac store, or Macy's, I'll keep it and she did not say anything about the refund. She says she bought it from CSS (Cosmetic Company Store), which I had to do research on. I told her is the Mac store, or Macy's considered a CSS because CSS could mean anything. I was told Mac is not affiliated with Warehouses and Liquidators. CSS sounds like it could be the previous mentioned things because she never said which Cosmetic Store she purchased the item from.

Instead she said "CCS is The Cosmetic Company Store and they are owned by Estee Lauder who owns MAC. They sell items that are either being discontinued, limited edition, etc. I did purchase this particular shade over a year ago though." Is what she said is true?? From what I read on here, CSS is not own by any cosmetic stores, such as Estee Lauder but they have Estee Lauder products, which I will do more research on. I feel if the "CSS" that the seller claim she bought the eyeshadow from is so legit she would have given me a name of the place, a url, a phone number, or something.

I do not know what to do at this point. I bought the same eyeshadow from a different seller who I am aware of-she says she buys all of her Mac items at the Mac store. I am going to test her product to see if both are similar, especially in smell. I don't know what to do in the mean time, maybe you could help me. I am not a pro at this and I do not want to be taken advantage of, which happened before. I will post pix.

AiriMagdalene

Well, I mean, first of all I can tell you she's lying for a painfully obvious reason. I guarantee you that it's 100000000% impossible that she bought it from a "CSS" which stands for "cosmetic company store" because company does not now, nor has it ever started with an S. If CSS were the right acronym, it would be a Cosmetic Sompany Store. So she made something up off of the top of her head and didnt even give it a proper acronym. I think she means CCO, cosmetic company outlet. CCOs do sell Mac and Mac is owned by Estee Lauder. So if she's truthfully selling something real, why would she concoct a story about where she got it from? She's full of it.

trob708

For the smell...she confessed that she had it over a yr ago. I looked up the shell life of eyeshadows and they are 2-3 yrs. However, I bought many eyeshadows from different sellers on ebay who may have had theirs longer because most of the eyeshadows I bought were very outdated, and theirs do not have a smell. I got my refund on an account that it is old. She did say CCS..from what you stated CCOs is what she should have said and the name of the outlet store

trob708

I bought Mac Sprout on Ebay. I was wondering is it easy for a frost eyeshadow to be rubbed off if it is a Authentic Mac product???

AiriMagdalene

I just wouldn't take that risk, plain and simple, with the amount of counterfeits. I would swap with Specktra users if I were going to use the internet for older Mac if you don't live near a CCO or can't make a trip to one. It's not worth all the doubting.

trob708

I just wouldn't take that risk, plain and simple, with the amount of counterfeits. I would swap with Specktra users if I were going to use the internet for older Mac if you don't live near a CCO or can't make a trip to one. It's not worth all the doubting.

How do one "swap with Specktra users"? Im new to this. could you please tell me? Not all of the sellers on ebay are bad. Majority of my eyeshadows are Authentic-except for maybe 3 that I am just now finding out about, and maybe 2 more (I do not know-they don't smell weird). The thing was that I was so addicted that I stepped out of my box, which are my list of sellers. One of the sellers there actually informed me about this site, I just don't know how to use it yet. I do know for one that it is getting to be nerve wrecking and it is driving me crazy.

AiriMagdalene

Well it seems you made an account here in February of 2010. I just made one less than two weeks ago and I'm still getting situated as well so I don't know exactly how the whole swap thing works because I've never done it. I would search the forums for more info.