Is this fake?

lovemetodeath

not sure about wether or not it's fake as I'm too new to MAC to know, but she has 100% positive feedback and you would think that if she was selling fakes someone would have noticed by now. Doesn't necessarily mean anything though

Eemaan

with lipsticks fake ones do not usually have mac written on the silver inside
smiles.gif
genuine ones do

caffn8me

I'd say it's unlikely to be genuine - the [SIZE=+1]e[/SIZE] symbol on the box shown in the picture is incorrect.

The other thing that concerns me about the seller is that they don't seem to have a long history of selling M·A·C products and now they have LE pigments and old-style lipsticks for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosopher
with lipsticks fake ones do not usually have mac written on the silver inside genuine ones do

They do now - see Old? Fake? Both?

Henna_Spirit

it really is the tiniest details that shows that the lipstick is a fake! what if the counterfeit production people change everything to its exact detail? that is a scary thought.... :S

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna_Spirit
it really is the tiniest details that shows that the lipstick is a fake! what if the counterfeit production people change everything to its exact detail? that is a scary thought.... :S

Yes, that's the problem. Pigments are already very close and if the photographs don't show the box and the back of the pot in great detail it's impossible to determine whether they are genuine or not.

mrstucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemetodeath
not sure about wether or not it's fake as I'm too new to MAC to know, but she has 100% positive feedback and you would think that if she was selling fakes someone would have noticed by now. Doesn't necessarily mean anything though

Actually, many sellers of fake MAC Items have 100% positive feedback. I have no idea why, but it doesn't help to eliminate the problem if people rave about how amazing those sellers are! They might be great people, or have excellent customer service (fast shipping, extras, etc.), but if they're selling counterfeit items, I don't think they deserve stellar feedback
ssad.gif

dangerousmuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstucker
Actually, many sellers of fake MAC Items have 100% positive feedback. I have no idea why, but it doesn't help to eliminate the problem if people rave about how amazing those sellers are! They might be great people, or have excellent customer service (fast shipping, extras, etc.), but if they're selling counterfeit items, I don't think they deserve stellar feedback
ssad.gif

Unfortunately, the problem is that most people that leave feedback for these sellers, have no idea that they are getting a fake product. Most buyers on ebay are not fanatics like us.
smiles.gif

ollieo

I have to second that. My sister is a long time Mac fan. I think she introduced it to me a good 5+ years ago. I told her about all the fakes on eBay and she was pretty surprised.