Is this how the MAC 219 Pencil Brush should look??

hundove

I bought the MAC 219 Pencil brush after watching many reviews on it and seeing it. I ordered it and the bristles in the brush have a slanted point that slants to one side, not like I see in reviews and as advertised (which normally has a point in the middle to look like a "pencil"). I am attaching it to show you what I mean. It this normal? Is it defected? Thanks for the help.

obscuria

It could just be that way because it was laid against something. It is supposed to be pointed to the middle. Try giving it a wash, molding it towards the center, and let it dry.

hundove

Thanks, Obscuria! I'm thinking of returning it since it's not pointy in the middle. The bristles seem cut this way that the point is tilted to one side.

svetkey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundove
I bought the MAC 219 Pencil brush after watching many reviews on it and seeing it. I ordered it and the bristles in the brush have a slanted point that slants to one side, not like I see in reviews and as advertised (which normally has a point in the middle to look like a "pencil"). I am attaching it to show you what I mean. It this normal? Is it defected? Thanks for the help.

if the bristles are not just slanted from being in a weird position athen its definately fake. try washing and reshaping it straight up to really tell is my suggestion.