Is this MAC 187 fake?

ktbeta

This brush came from an MUA swap and I strongly suspect it's not authentic. It's shorter than my old 187, not as soft, the bristles are really clumpy, the white bristles are too long, there aren't enough black bristles, the lettering is engraved, and the handle is shiny, unlike the MAC 168 I posted for comparison (purchased by me at the CCO). Help!

1648750.JPG

1648749.JPG

1648748.JPG

1648747.JPG

1648745.JPG

panda0410

That comparison belongs to RISSER here on specktra. She posted this review here some time ago and on her own blogspot. Would have been nice to see the credit passed on for her work....

marusia

I agree. I have a 187 bought from Mac, if you need measurements for comparison, I'd be happy to do so!

LMD84

sadly that is very much a fake. in fact just looking at the picture of the clumped bristles is horrid!! potentially teh person swapping didn't know it was fake... but i'd definately get back in contact with the swapper.

foxxylatina07

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
That comparison belongs to RISSER here on specktra. She posted this review here some time ago and on her own blogspot. Would have been nice to see the credit passed on for her work....

I didn't know it belong to anybody here. I just searched it on google because I wanted to help this person out.

panda0410

It wasn't a dig at you
smiles.gif
It just shits me to tears to see other peoples work being credited to someone else - someone that doesn't deserve it. That guide belongs to risser, it would be nice to see the blogger actually credit the ORIGINAL author.