Is this Nars duo fake? [Lot's of pics]

janelovesyou

Sorry, this is my second Nars post this week. But I'm just starting to try and build up my Nars collection and I don't know how to spot fakes.

I bought this eyeshadow duo and on the box the sticker says "Angelika" with the number 412 underneath it.
IMG_1198.jpg

I looked and there is a blush by that name but I didn't find a eyeshadow duo by that name. On the back it says "Tokyo" but the colors of the shadows are not the same colors of the Tokyo duo and the number 412 is on the back again.
IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

So is this fake or what? Please help!

Here are more of the box and the plastic insert.
IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

panda0410

I only own a few Nars items but its my guess that a Tokyo duo shouldnt be in an Angelika blush box, unless it was a used/second hand item you bought and the seller just slipped it into a spare/empty box for protection. All my nars items came in boxes with names corresponding to colours. None of mine have the number thing in the circle either and mine were all bought in store.

janelovesyou

I thought maybe it was just slipped in a blush box but the front of the box says duo and not just a single blush. Also the Tokyo duo's colors are silver and lavander or something to that effect. One of these colors is exactly like Mac satin taupe and the other is a light gold.

panda0410

Risser posted some awesome pics of counterfeit Nars things in the NARS forum - theres a pic there showing a larger gap between the pan and outer casing near the front clasp which is a sign of fake nars - does your have that?

loci

Its a fake, round cornors in the eyeshadow pan, and too much silver trim showing. Moreover, Tokyo is not that shimmery, it should look almost matte in the pan. The left color is a off white and the right is a light taupy plum.

purrtykitty

^^ITA...the Tokyo duo is almost a matte, with slight shimmer. Not only that, the size of the pans seems a bit off.

janelovesyou

I sent them a message asking about where they got it from (when I didn't know it was absolutely fake) two days ago and they never responded. I'm filing a complaint and leaving them neg. feedback.

janelovesyou

For anyone who was wondering I sent the seller an email asking if it was fake and she said she never said it was authentic (uh... she said it was Nars didn't she?) but it was high quality (yeah right...). She had me send it back and refunded my money plus the cost of shipping it back but she kept saying things like "sorry you didn't like the product" and trying to make it seem like I didn't want the product b/c I changed my mind and not because it was a big ass fake.

The seller is eBay My World - 1229vlee and she sells all kinds of fake items. She actually has real Royal Assets quads up but I also saw that before she was selling Mac quads with spong tip applicators in them lol. After my transaction with her she started getting neg feedbacks from people for selling fake items.

speedygirl247

I wanted to buy some Nars but I dont know enough about it to be able to identify real from fake. If in doubt about fakes heading our way, check this site for ALL brands. Most of the fake rubbish as we all know originates from china. this website is vile. China Wholesale: Buy Wholesale Products from China. I got the URL from a list when I first started out selling, from a "trusted cosmetic seller" on ebay, who stated at the time, i am selling my trusted list as i dont have time to sell cosmetics myself. say no more......... I expect there are plenty of others who think this stuff is real. Even when i didnt know nearly enough about what i was selling I knew this was horrible. do searches on nars, mac, clinique etc, etc. i have been sold fake clinique and fake creme de la mer from the USA from sources claiming to sell only authentic products, I only got my money back on the clinique after a major battle. I lost the money on the la mer, and they were GWP size! Grrhh