is this seller authentic please?

Asianshell

I was also considering buying from that person as well. I decided not to since nobody has said anything about that person. But once I see a few people giving their thumbs up..... shopping time!

mochabean

Any Ebay seller who puts their auction bidder/user id history as "private" should be avoided. I almost never buy or bid on ebay when I see this. It almost always spells trouble.

I've never bought from this seller, but it would be best not to buy from the seller unless someone else has dealt with the seller personally.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochabean
Any Ebay seller who puts their auction bidder/user id history as "private" should be avoided. I almost never buy or bid on ebay when I see this. It almost always spells trouble.

Ditto! A few of these sort of sellers always replied saying that the buyers themselves requested for their IDs to be private.. I don't see why they have to keep it such a secret unless they buy "cheeky/intimate items"?

MACATTAK

They probably don't want people contacting their bidders, because they know their items are fake!

rockin

I don't think it's authentic.

Firstly, it's from a Hong Kong seller. It only appears to have English and French on it, whereas other products I own have multiple languages on them. Also I notice that under the picture it describes it as "Nars" instead of MAC.

I don't see this shape eyeliner on the MAC website, either.

rockin

Thanks, Wolfsong - I must have typed in "liquid eyeliner" instead of "liquid eye liner", and that's why I didn't find it.

Looking at that, I would definitely say the auction one looks fake.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochabean

I've never bought from this seller, but it would be best not to buy from the seller unless someone else has dealt with the seller personally.

Actually, it's the buyer who has the private ID, not the seller. The seller (beautygirl4) has 98+% positive, but that doesn't mean that the seller sells necessarily sells authentic stuff. The mattene looked authentic to me and I believe most (if not all) of this seller's stuff is authentic.

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Actually, it's the buyer who has the private ID, not the seller. The seller (beautygirl4) has 98+% positive, but that doesn't mean that the seller sells necessarily sells authentic stuff. The mattene looked authentic to me and I believe most (if not all) of this seller's stuff is authentic.

Sometimes authentic sellers can have issues with other MAC sellers (real or otherwise) - usually in a 'you're selling what im selling and making me lose out on money' way. This can result in the authentic MAC seller's buyers/bidders being messaged with slanderous claims (its rare, but it can happen - think of the bastards the members on this forum section come across).
Also bidders can be made private because sellers think it'll increase the end price (if the bidders knew each other then they wouldn't want to have a bidding war with them - there are so many makeup forum sites as well as some MAC ebay sellers buying from each other).

Having private bidders can often be a sign that the seller is dodgy, but its not something that should determine whether you trust a seller or not (location is a bigger giveaway).

shadee

I decided to buy with my boo kitty instead, she seems to have a good reputation on specktra.

CoConutNwuT

im now wondering the same thing? if this "beautygirl4" would be ok to buy from??? has any one bought from her since this post was started?? i would really appreciate advice! and this seller is the only seller i found how is selling the product i need!

look_divine

I sell on ebay and once an item hits a certain price the bidders automatically get hidden
a new rule with ebay so its not the seller doing it its ebay im afraid
ssad.gif

rockin

They don't even have to hit a certain price now. ALL bidder IDs are hidden now, and only the winning bidder's ID is made public at the end of the auction.

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
They don't even have to hit a certain price now. ALL bidder IDs are hidden now, and only the winning bidder's ID is made public at the end of the auction.

apparently its to stop shill bidding
ssad.gif

im quite happy as a seller for people to see my buyers
strange how ebay think of shit things to do

rockin

It's not to stop shill bidding. If anything, it will make shilling easier, as nobody can check the 'bidders' out. Ebay is a Shillers' Paradise now
ssad.gif

According to ebay, it's to prevent fake Second Chance Offers being sent to all the underbidders.

look_divine

Quote:
It's not to stop shill bidding. If anything, it will make shilling easier, as nobody can check the 'bidders' out. Ebay is a Shillers' Paradise now
ssad.gif

According to ebay, it's to prevent fake Second Chance Offers being sent to all the underbidders.

oh well you learn something new everyday eh LOL
cant really see the point in that but then again ebay never ceases to surpris eme lately
smiles.gif

look_divine

Quote:
ssad.gif

just been thinking
fake second chance offers doesnt really sound true
as a seller i can still see all my buyers ebay ids, its only other buyers that cant see there ids
so i can still send 2nd chance offers to people
heres what one of my bidding pages says
s.gif
iconMessage_16x16.gif
s.gif
eBay has changed how bid history information is displayed for higher-priced items. To help keep the eBay community safe, enhance bidder privacy, and protect our members from fraudulent emails, only you and the seller of the item can view your User ID in bid history. Other members will see anonymous names.

So i presume its to stop people contacting buyers about items?
like us stating items are fake LMAO