Is this true about Mac Brushes???

lsperry

What???!!! I don't think so. There are several pictures of MAC brushes in the SWATCH and FOR SALE FORUMS that don't do this "color change" when "light flashes" from a camera.

What nonsense!!

xxsgtigressxx

ok if you're not going to stay away from ebay for buying mac or brushes, AT LEAST STAY AWAY FROM THE LOTS! a lot of the fake brushes are being sold in 8 piece lots... if anything go to a cco, save up for a mac store one brush at a time, or buy from people on specktra. Im not saying there are no real brushes on ebay, but the risk is so ridiculously high its not worth it. Its better to buy nice (real mac brushes that you are 100% sure are real) then buy twice (because fake brushes will fall apart and then you'll have to spend even more money buying the real deals.)

look_divine

i only bought one set off ebay! got refunded for those
as people say things are fake im adding the sellers to a list so i know who not to buy off
sorry if i upset you

xxsgtigressxx

no one was upset, its just tragic seeing people throw their money away. believe me its tempting especially those 18 pigment lots, but we have to like freak out over these things because some people dont take it seriously and do it anyway and we're just trying to prevent you from making a mistake
smiles.gif

look_divine

i reported them to, if ebay does anything about it im unsure
I have bought some shadows, pigments from ebay but i have originals of those to check against I dont own any mac brushes so just asking questions, now i know i stay zipped LOL

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
if you read this listing it states

PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE PURCHASING AUTHENTIC BRUSHES THEY SHOULD TURN FROM SILVER TO GOLDEN/BROWN COLOUR WHEN LIGHT FLASHES OR PICS TAKEN, SEE MY PICS

Is this true?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAC-Brand-New-With-leather-Case-8-Piece-Make-Up-Brushes_W0QQitemZ320224583028QQihZ011QQcategoryZ21 014QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What major bullshit!?

Agreed with xxsgtigressxx. Stay away from the "MAC Brush sets"! But you know that already.
smiles.gif

TamEva Le Fay

Speaking of which,

Did anyone actually see that Nocturnal Plum Piggie on eBay go for $100 on Feb 28....or...was that my computer screen playing tricks on me?

I was just at my Pro Store in S.F. Union St. last night and they had a ton of this color Piggie.

What happened?
th_dunno.gif
$100?.....noooooo? It was from bananas0077 Seller.

Can someone verify this so that I'm not going crazy or need to replace my computer?
Was there something special about this Piggie I'm not aware of...blessed by the Pope...maybe?
th_dunno.gif

There we go kids...New from MAC straight from the Vatican!
angelic.gif

Works for me!

Also, did anyone catch the Piggie called Mythology that someone was selling? Funny! Maybe it was a working name?

hello_kitty

How something looks in a picture is not a good way to tell if it's real. That's just retarded logic... anybody with any knowledge of photography, flash, white balance, whatever can tell you that. Silly ebay sellers... hence why I just pony up the money for stuff from MAC directly.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
i reported them also and the items still sold
ssad.gif

dont get too upset over it - ebay are completely USELESS at enforcing even their own policies let alone managing counterfeits..... just be satisfied in knowing that at least you know better
smiles.gif

rockin

They've got a lot listed, and it looks to me like all the numbers you'd find in a fake set, but I could be wrong. If you look at the 'Item Description' it actually says 'New Brand' instead of 'Brand New'; whether that is intentional, or whether it's because the seller's first language is not English (which is obviously the case), I don't know.

What do they mean by 'one use item' anyway?

"All sales are final and the Brushes are one use item, So do not offer return and do not have responsibility to the lost item or damaged except you add insurance!!!"

MsCocoa

The first thing was so phony it was unbelievable, I'm no expert so i can't say whether the brush is real (even though I have doubts) but I think it's a bit dodgy.

pumpkincat210

It "looks" real, but in my opinion you should never ever buy brushes off of ebay because the majority sold are fakes. If you can't order from mac online I'm sure you could get a cp for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedimsure
Can anyone tell me if this brush is fake? It looks real to me, but this seller is selling a lot of them and that, to me, seems like a red flag. What do you guys think?

MAC #239 Eyeshadow & Shader BRUSH-NEW!!! - eBay (item 120230244841 end time Mar-09-08 10:00:20 PDT)