Is your significant other big on romance?

stronqerx

Reading everyones responses has made me realize that my fiance is romantic in his own way. Now I feel bad, lol. I don't know why I always associated romance with flowers, candy, ect. We've been together for 7 yrs so I am so used to his ways, it's hard for me to realize how great he is to me. Now I feel like doing something special for him
smiles.gif

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronqerx
Reading everyones responses has made me realize that my fiance is romantic in his own way. Now I feel bad, lol. I don't know why I always associated romance with flowers, candy, ect. We've been together for 7 yrs so I am so used to his ways, it's hard for me to realize how great he is to me. Now I feel like doing something special for him
smiles.gif

I think a lot of people do that because of what they've seen in the movies. In the movies they don't really show the arguments and the actual love that exists which leads girls to believing it's all flowers and rainbows.

When I was with my first boyfriend I was always upset despite the fact that he would always buy me teddybears, pay for everything and get me flowers for any reason. Flowers and chocolates were the only experience I had of someone being romantic so I accepted it. I never realised he was bullying me mentally because I did a lot of stuff for him (nothing dirty) that I wouldn't have done had he not bought me that stuff, I felt I kinda owed him?

Mr RR does romantic things but he's very subjective in that respect and does what he knows I will like (which is spontaneousness so..) and he has bought me nowhere as many flowers as that boyfriend but he's given me security. For example, he's just come back from France and he bought me some makeup, some really nice chocolates but the nicest thing he got was a hand drawn portrait of both of us from when I was 16 and he was 17 and it made me
cry.gif
. Unlike with my first boyfriend I do everything for Mr RR because I want to and not because I feel I owe him and I miss him more than anything when we're apart for weeks
ssad.gif

As I see it (and this is not me having a go at you at all
smiles.gif
) is that if your boyfriend loves you and treats you with respect, that should be enough really. Of course I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the odd surprise but I find a lot of people (that I know) expect too much and I blame Hollywood!
cutey.gif

xsnowwhite

while I dont have a SO at this moment...I completely lose it when guys try to do that romantic stuff for me. I can't take it seriously for some reason and just burst out laughing. I think it's fine in movies and stuff, but for me, idk I just cant handle it.

L1LMAMAJ

yes! he is and i love it!
smiles.gif
one time, he cooked me a beautiful dinner with lobsters, steak, salad, dessert and of course the table was decorated with flowers.
smiles.gif
although it was just at my dinky apt, it still felt special cuz it was our 1 year anniversary and we were all dressed up! he was in a suit and i was wearing a dress.
smiles.gif
i love it when we do cute romantic stuff cuz we fall in love all over again. now i live in sf while he lives in oc so we're doing the whole long distance thing which can be hard. i can't wait till we move in together!

sweetbabyblue

Ooh! I just thought of another one. Not romantic, it he shows he cares..I'm known for my clumsiness and he carries bandaids around with him in case I cut myself
love.gif