ISO Advice: Ripped off by CPer & Refund Pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

venacava

Hello good denizens of Specktra, I am in need of advice.

I just had a really bad CP experience where I paid the $ required (plus additional monetary incentive for CPer’s trouble at an rate she specified) but CPer (henceforth referred to as “A”) never sent the items. In the weeks that followed I contacted A on a couple of occasions regarding the status of CP. On every occasion she always had a reasonable explanation as to why she still had not posted the items. Foolish child that I am, I gave her the benefit of doubt.

Eventually I was informed that the package had been posted. I waited another 3 weeks. Nada.

At the end of 3 weeks I received a msg from A asking for my Paypal details. Apparently a package with several items in it had been sent back to her and she needed my info to confirm whether it’s mine.

This is where her story started to ungel. According to A, she had sent my (3) items in to 2 packages so the one returned to her can’t be mine.

Oh well.
shrugs.gif

After providing the info requested I didn’t hear from her again.

So a week later I msg’ed her again. Then followed up on the previous msg the next day. She didn’t bother to respond to either messages.

On the 45th day post payment I filed a dispute with Paypal.

A got back to me within 24 hours stating that she’s been away interstate and had no access to the net. This excuse was clearly false, though I didn’t bother pointing it out, as she was still posting to this board daily during the entire period where she claimed she did not have access.

After a brief discussion A agreed to refund the total amount paid to her, but still without explanation as to how the entire situation fell apart.

A sent refund by drawing directly from her bank account, which as I understand it, is like sending an eCheque.

Okay, this is where I need help –

As soon as A forwarded the refund, my dispute lodged with Paypal was automatically terminated. The problem here is that after 11 days the refund status is still “pending”. This is taking a bit long even for electronic funds transfer, especially where the bank account from which the refund is to be drawn is located in the US, which should only take up to 2-3 business days.

Right now my concern is that the bank account in question may not have sufficient funds to satisfy the total amount required for refund. Also another problem is that since the dispute was automatically cancelled, I can’t escalate it to a claim even if I want to.

I am completely lost. I’ve never been in this kind of situation before (yeah, I know. lucky me).

Advice anyone?
ssad.gif

xxManBeaterxx

Well even if the girl named A doesnt have enough funds in her bank account anymore, paypal normally will still take out the money from her account and put it on yours leaving girl A's account in a negative balance. I'm not 100% sure about this though, but paypal is all for the pro-buyers rights rather than the sellers.

I"m sorry this happened, please leave this girl some major negative feedback to warn others if they ever have future transactions with her.

If worse comes to worse, i would personally call paypal cusmtomer service and ask them questions, and try to re open the claim from them. If she doesnt provide any time of delivery confirmation or receipt of payment, highly likely you will get your money back.

Edit: remember you only have 45 days to make a claim from the day you paid her, or paypal will automatically deny you of a claim

JessieLovesMac

I would recommend to calling paypal. I have had to call them a couple of times about similar things and they have always been really good and helpful. They should also be able to tell you exactly what the status of the refund means and when you should be receiving it in your paypal account.

I want to try cping but finding someone to trust with your money is scary...and the prices in Australia are so dam high!

Brittni

Just checking, this isn't dreamerbabiiee* is it? We have a whole thread on her, so just checking.

My
heart.gif
goes out to you.
ssad.gif

Divinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
Well even if the girl named A doesnt have enough funds in her bank account anymore, paypal normally will still take out the money from her account and put it on yours leaving girl A's account in a negative balance. I'm not 100% sure about this though, but paypal is all for the pro-buyers rights rather than the sellers.

This is only the case when escalated to a claim.

venacava

Thanks for all the support ladies.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieLovesMac
I want to try cping but finding someone to trust with your money is scary...and the prices in Australia are so dam high!

I cannot agree with you more. Not having a pro shop is Queensland is a major problem as well. Then add the fact that pro shop MAs are so incredible rude and generally unhelpful when you place phone orders... well, what choices do we have?

Actually, I take that back. The Paddington store employees are at least passingly polite. I swear I will never call or set foot in Chapel St store, EVER.
noworry.gif

I had a few CPs done in the last few months and found the large majority of CPers are wonderful people who genuinely wanted to help. Nine out of ten doesn't expect remuneration for their efforts, only that CPees forward the correct payment on time. It a tedious and relatively thankless task so I don't quite understand why people volunteer, but I am very very grateful.

So don't let a few bad experiences or scary stories discourage you. There are plenty of great CPers out there.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
Just checking, this isn't dreamerbabiiee* is it? We have a whole thread on her, so just checking.

I remember reading that thread couple of weeks back. The magnitude of the scam is truly awful.

No, luckily it's not dreamerbabiiee. However, A is one of the unfortunate victims of dreamerbabiiee. I really do feel for her even though our interaction has been somewhat less than satisfactory. This is one of the reason why I was so frustrated with the entire situation. After her own recent experience, she really should know better.

But I digress.

There's been new development since my original post. The first refund which "pended" for 11 days was cancelled by Paypal as the account was empty of funds. Paypal must've contacted A because another refund was issued yesterday and the dispute was re-raised by Paypal. The second refund is pending at the moment.

Today I received an email from A stating that she sent refund through a different Paypal account as her first account (the one I originally sent payment to) is still tied up with the dreambabiiee fiasco. Apparently this is why refunds issued from her first account isn't going through as it is already associated with another unresolved dispute. Sure enough, I now have $53USD in credit in Paypal. Yay!

Anyhow, now I just have to figure out how to close the dispute. Don't think I can though since Paypal is still "reviewing" the situation, so I may have to wait for the process run its course.
th_confused_new.gif

This incident has been weighing in the back of my mind for weeks, so regardless of what comes after, I'm just glad the worst is over (or at least, I'm pretty sure it is).

Once again I want to thank everyone of all the kind words. You girls are the best!
heart.gif

Divinity

So glad everything worked out! Don't worry about closing the dispute, Paypal will be in touch as soon as everything is resolved
smiles.gif

Janice

Hope your refund clears so you can wash your hands of the situation. Sorry for both of you that it became unpleasant.

NatalieMT

Just reading this thread through and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the 2nd refund goes through. Luckily I've only had this problem once and that was ebay related but I know how much it sucks to think you might lose out on your hard earned money.

I agree though don't let it put you off CPs - I've completed many for other people and they've done the same for me. It's nice to just help someone out once in a while and I think that's what most people are in it for - the feelgood factor! To be honest I think I'd terminate a CP if someone specified I would have to pay them a monetary incentive. To me that's not what CPs are about - it's a favour, not a moneymaker.

talste

eeksign.gif

I'm involved in an almost identical situation to yours, I hope we don't have another dreamerbabie on our hands.
ssad.gif

red.pill

hello! i'm just a beginner at specktra and i, too am in a similar situation. the reason i haven't spoken so far is that i just can't believe that - in my case - a person so well known on specktra decided to throw away her very good reputation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts