it might seem frivolous...

rouquinne

just now on the Today Show, they mentioned the holiday toy drive.

if you're going to give something to a local toy drive, i'd just like to make a plug for the teenage girls who might like to get makeup.

i know it seems silly when they need more serious things, but when you're a teenager, it's important to fit in.

last year, i made up little makeup kits with things i found in the sale bin at the drugstore. i put them in clear plastic bags so that the agencies handing them out could see what they were.

this year, i've added an extra bag and put in some other things - Wet 'N Wild mascara and the OPI minis that i never use.

also, a co-worker suffered a house fire this week and lost everything. everyone at work is trying to find clothes for her and her 2 daughters. i'm pulling out unused hair products and makeup for them.

it might seem frivolous to some people, but those little things can mean a lot!

Christina Victoria

Aww, how sweet of you. I always try to donate clothing that doesn't fit or that I don't wear anymore. Maybe this year I can donate some of my un-used makeup bags.

I'm very sorry to hear about your co-worker. She and her two daughters will be in my prayers.

ishtarchick

that's not frivolous at all! it is so nice and thoughtful of you, how awesome that there are still kind persons in this world, i'm sure your friend and the girls will thank you very much for what you're doing, really.

Latest posts