It stinks how one sale could sour me from buying on here??

justtobenaked

MODS- feel free to move where appropriate. I was not sure where to put.

I wanted to start this thread because I am truly saddened that a seller could take $$ and not say anything to me after repeated contact from me. I wanted to make shoppers aware to do exactly what the FAQ says and really research and get to know your sellers! Although I am new to buying on here, it has made me really sour. I have contacted this seller and hope that they can come through on their end. I think in every purchase communication is very important and if the seller/buyer is late on either end just say so...do not let it go unheard. This message is not meant to offend or upset anyone. I think that had I really looked into the feedback (not the amount, but when and what) I would have thought twice. Please remember that 20 dollars or 50 dollars is still money I earned and worked hard for...not to just give away but to purchase something. Thank you for listening.

experiment2344

Did you not receive your item? If so how long has it been and maybe who was your seller?

I hate it when people in the US claim they don't have "money" for delivery confirmation. It's 50 cents and it protects the buyer and the seller. Whenever someone says this I usually will refuse to purchase from them because it sends out a red flag that they will later claim it got "lost" and it's not their problem even though they never sent it out. Granted it still can get lost in the mail (confirmation is not the same as insurance but I was told my a postal worker no confirmation mail gets lost or if they do it's rare) but at least you know your seller SHIPPED the item out.

It also stops the greedy buyers who will receive their item, claim they didn't and ask for a full refund even if they did. I actually had a buyer claim this for weeks yelling about how I stole from them and they wanted their money back for the book they bought until I copy and pasted the USPS tracking info in an email at which point they did the crappiest back tracking ever.

It took me a lot of selling my college textbooks on amazon to realize this lol 50 cents to a dollar extra and you KNOW everything was sent/ received is amazing.

TISH1124

So sorry you have had a bad experience....I know it bites when you work hard for your money and to just throw it away with nothing in return but broken promises....Hopefully your sale will work out and the person that sold to you will deliver the goods...However there are some great sellers on Specktra and they do deliver what they promise....I too have been duped...But I moved passed it and learned you can't penalize all sellers for 1-2 lousy ones....

I hope it all works out for you!

justtobenaked

Yep...50 cents can save me from the hassle of not knowing as well. I think once a negative feedback is left that will help buyers. It has been some time (3 weeks) and I am just patient.

justtobenaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
So sorry you have had a bad experience....I know it bites when you work hard for your money and to just throw it away with nothing in return but broken promises....Hopefully your sale will work out and the person that sold to you will deliver the goods...However there are some great sellers on Specktra and they do deliver what they promise....I too have been duped...But I moved passed it and learned you can't penalize all sellers for 1-2 lousy ones....

I hope it all works out for you!

Yes! I have already had awesome outcomes! I love surfing the sales....Lesson learned move forward and I do hope it still works out..

Vixxan

I have been a buyer here for a long time and it really does ruin it for buyers and sellers when one person does not carry out their end of the bargain. I'm also turned off from buying because of one bad deal but I continue to remind myself of all the awesome sellers that went above and beyond to complete their deals with me.

I wish I could tell you that the amount of time a person has been a member here or the amount of feedback that they have will insure that you have a smooth deal but that would not be the truth. The truth of the matter is we take our chances and hope that the people we trust our money with are good people.

Willa

I think everytime you chose to buy from someone online, you are taking a chance. Luckily I havent had bad experiences except from one with a girl here who sent my item a month after and it was broken... but that's it.

I am sorry you're having a bad experience, I hope it will be resolved quickly!

xxManBeaterxx

I took a sneak at your posts and found the seller you were talking about. I bought stuff from her before and i know she has terrible communication and shipped my items out about 2 1/2 weeks after i paid her. If she doesnt contact you soon, i would file a claim through paypal so you can get her attention somehow.

I hope everything works out for you, let us know when you do receive the item!!

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by experiment2344
Did you not receive your item? If so how long has it been and maybe who was your seller?

I hate it when people in the US claim they don't have "money" for delivery confirmation. It's 50 cents and it protects the buyer and the seller. Whenever someone says this I usually will refuse to purchase from them because it sends out a red flag that they will later claim it got "lost" and it's not their problem even though they never sent it out. Granted it still can get lost in the mail (confirmation is not the same as insurance but I was told my a postal worker no confirmation mail gets lost or if they do it's rare) but at least you know your seller SHIPPED the item out.

It also stops the greedy buyers who will receive their item, claim they didn't and ask for a full refund even if they did. I actually had a buyer claim this for weeks yelling about how I stole from them and they wanted their money back for the book they bought until I copy and pasted the USPS tracking info in an email at which point they did the crappiest back tracking ever.

It took me a lot of selling my college textbooks on amazon to realize this lol 50 cents to a dollar extra and you KNOW everything was sent/ received is amazing.

Thats just silly.. How can these people not have money for $0.75 delivery confirmation, and if you pre pay for shipping on the usps website, delivery confirmation is practically free!! Besides sellers can always charge a little extra in their shipping cost. But if your an international buyer, all of the post offices i know dont offer delivery confirmation for international packages.

justtobenaked

most of my items that I have bought have had the d/c and now I will just make sure. It does not cost much to ship such small items so now i will just cover myself and make sure
winks.gif

L1LMAMAJ

yea some people are just responsible enough to do their end of the job. oh well. i know you had a bad experience on here but everyone who has bought or sold to me have been such dears and i've had all 100% positive experiences with them. yes i do get dc (most of the time unless the item is less than 1 inch in thickness then the PO says no) and yea it does cost me 80 cents more but it can prevent a lot of issues. don't let one sour experience prevent u from buying on here. there are a lot of great sellers on specktra that truly care about their buyers and wanna give good buying experiences. good luck!

TISH1124

It is sad because if people would just print postage off paypal the DC is only .18 cent ...I would rather pay the .18 or even .80 just to know my end of the bargain was lived up to and have proof that I shipped the product as promised....I mean the seller should just include the dc in the s/h fee, that is what I do

Please note: I have no idea what seller we are discussing...I am just speaking in general....

X4biddenxLustX

I'm sorry that this happened to you.

What method did you use to pay for the items you bought? Cause if you did with either paypal or a credit card I believe you could file a claim with them and see if you can get your money back. Especially if it looks like the seller didn't keep their end of the bargain.

I know this experience has made you a distrustful of buying things off the forums here and on other sites but next time just be a bit more careful. Just as all the other girls have been saying always make sure the seller is going to provide you with DC and if it's a real valuable item I'd suggest getting insurance too for it. A couple of extra dollars could save you a lot of trouble. It's also a good idea to use a credit card too this way like I was saying you could file a claim with them if something happens. Usually there more than happy to try to help you out with the dispute.

I hope it all ends up working out for you hun!

justtobenaked

I paid through Paypal and I am following the appropriate steps. I am no longer going to buy without a D/C and I am not going to stop buying on here, as I enjoy the clearance bin dearly! I really like this site and have decided that i should have been more careful in the first place....I guess I just got careless...Thank you all for the kind words..

LMD84

it sucks if you get somebody who is a bit dodgy. and i hope you get your money or your items. but don't let it put you off using the clearence bin - most sellers are great and you can pick up some good bargins. just a shame that this time thinsg have been crappy for you

Latest posts