It's end of the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazytolove

I'm very upset with this. Because i'm pretty 100% sure this MAC 190 foundation brush if FAKE!. I just bought it from one of the specktra member and i'm totally sad now.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...c/1a3c640c.jpg
It smells very bad, and shorter than the one i got from MAC store. I don't know what to do now, this is my first time getting something fake online. Can someone give me ideas?

Xqueeze_me

The metal crimping looks fine actually. Maybe the seller didn't wash it properly or didn't dry it properly or it was stored with some smelly things? Not too sure about the length though.

jomar_makeup

Hi, I'm actually the seller who sold the brush. I bought the brush from Nordstrom and I believe Nordstrom has a very reliable reputation. I believe it is NOT a fake 190 brush. In my selling ad, I did say that I have used it before. I cleaned it twice to make sure that there was no foundation smell or residue. Before selling it, I also stored it with my other brushes in my makeup organizer which does not have a bad smell.

I'm sorry you aren't satisifed but, it is also unfair to me because I have sold what I believe to be a 100% authentic 190 brush that I myself purchased from Nordstrom. I even have the original plastic packaging with bar code on it but, I did not want to ship in that because I wanted to mail it in a new plastic bag. I can provide you a picture of the plastic bag with the bar code.

I don't know any other way to ease your worries but, to go to Nordstrom. If they say it is a fake, then I have a big issue with Nordstrom for selling me a fake 190 brush.

lazytolove

okie, last night i just PM one of the moderator to delete this topic. Hope this whole thing is just misunderstanding. Thanks =]

loci

Maybe the seller use MAC brush cleanser? I prefer NOT to use MAC brush cleanser for larger brushesbecause the bristle will soak up the cleanser and results in a really strong acidic smell. Maybe this is what you're experiencing? I have this issue when I washed my 187. It took me 3 more washes with shampoo to get rid of half of the smell.

As for the brushes, it look really authentic to me. You mentioned about the length of the bristle...maybe different batch? If you go to a MAC counter they will tell you that because all their brush are handmade so there will be slight differences between brushes.
You can compare this one to the one here:
http://specktra.net/f257/brushes-please-help-94830/

That's probably the nest fakes out there for now, and you can clearly see the differences between this one and yours.
What about the product of origin?

lazytolove

Quote:
Originally Posted by loci
That's probably the nest fakes out there for now, and you can clearly see the differences between this one and yours.

What about the product of origin?

Yes i checked it out last night but still hard to tell whether it's fake or real. Anyway, i gave the brush to my cousin and she said the quality is pretty good. So, maybe i'm wrong. This is a good lesson for me, MAC full size foundation brush sometime can be shorter or longer than each other! lol =]

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazytolove
okie, last night i just PM one of the moderator to delete this topic. Hope this whole thing is just misunderstanding. Thanks =]

I'm not deleting this topic because it's still a good reference for people who have concerns about their brushes. The seller has had an opportunity to state their piece and any misunderstandings have been cleared up.

I will, however, close the topic to prevent further discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.