It's Friday-time to pay bills!

MisStarrlight

I've come to the conclusion that I really am sick. Every week on pay day I actually look forward to paying my bills. I wake up early & sit in front of my computer & start to do the math.
It's not like I have tons of money (but I do have tons of bills), but figuring out which ones I can pay & which ones have to wait & figuring out a schedule is kinda like a little puzzle. Paying them gives me a sort of sense of accomplishment I guess....that and I just think that I am a closet math nerd & for some reason numbers comfort me.
Hahaha! Anyone else get like this when it's time to pay bills (or am I just the crazy one)?

Indigowaters

I feel that way also, but for me it’s getting it out of the way and knowing I have some left over after saving, paying bills, etc. to splurge with. I just paid my phone bill yesterday and actually felt good about it. I even do the math a week in advance just to know how much money I’ll have left. Lol.

MAC_Whore

I love paying my bills. It just feels good. I sit down with a cup of coffee at the first of the month and knock 'em all out. It feels good to get it done with and not have to think about it until next month.

Dont' worry, you're not the only one who counts paying bills as a guilty pleasure.
smiles.gif

aquarius11

Yes, count me in! I love paying bills...just knowing they're out of the way is a liberating feeling!

SELFstyled

Ditto!
greengrin.gif

I have all of my bills automatically deducted from my account & I balance my checking/savings on my Treo. Once I pay everything & add to my savings/401K off for the month I take what I have left over and SHOP!
winks.gif

We're not crazy we're smart! It's good to have your priorities straight y'know? Being in debt is NOT on my list of things to do before I die heh.

spectrolite

Omg I hate paying the bills. It makes me feel like my money is being stolen from my bank account, even though I know I'm the one who racked up the bills hehe. I normally wait until I get a "Final Notice" letter and ring up and ask for an extension lol... Luckily I don't have a credit card so it's only gas, telephone and electricity I'm bad with. I'm ALWAYS on time with the rent though because I don't want to piss of the landlord and get kicked out... It's nice having somewhere to live
smiles.gif

coachkitten

I enjoy organizing and paying my bils as well. I feel accomplished and proud of myself.
smiles.gif
I also really like to budget. I love to budget my bills, savings, MAC, entertainment, etc!
smiles.gif

MiCHiE

I love having everything laid out in my checkbook application in my Treo. When I get paid, I have what needs to be paid for the next 2 weeks. Finances are fun when you're on top of them.

kaliraksha

I also love paying my bills... I think mine came from my Dad's good attitude about bills. Whenever he would get home from work he would look through the mail and get excited about a bill and he would sit down with his checkbook and stamps and pay whatever came and put them on the exit to put in the mailbox. I'm sure he was exaggerating but at least he got whatever joy he could out of the process everyone has to go through.

kimmy

i love paying my bills simply because i know once they're all paid, anything that's left is all for meee!
lol.gif

Beauty Mark

I have mixed feelings. If I'm doing well financially, bring on the bills! If I'm not, I dread it.

However, I feel ridiculously accomplished when I pay something off entirely

Latest posts