its that time of year again...

swt_int3ntions

...for bronzer shopping!
well, for me anyways!

I'm looking for a matte bronzer and I'm pretty torn...
I have Global Glow MSF so its for my shimmery days...
and lately I've been really liking the Matte look, especially after seeing how oily my face gets at parties
ssad.gif
I tried strobe liquid last weekend for the first time and I already have oily skin, I was just looking for some dew...and I got shiny !!!!
thmbdn.gif

ANYWAY back on track, what do you recommend? I've always bought shimmery make up so naturally I like NARS Laguna, but the MA also showed me NARS Heat which is apparently the same but without sparkles...however, it looked a bit blotchy on my skin (might have been her application as she was going for a lunchbreak right after me*shrug*)

I tried MSFN in DARK and it made me too rosy

Any recs? What are your thoughts ..on matte vs. shimmer bronzers?
Thanks in advance! OH and in the summer I'm a NC40 THANKS

TDoll

I've tried tons of bronzers...TONS! My favorite (and NOT just because it's MAC, I swear) is the MAC bronzer in Golden. Its awesome! To me, it gives a matte look with *very* light gold flecks that you can seriously barely notice. It's like a light shimmer without that "pearlized" effect.

swt_int3ntions

thanks! I'm going to take a look at MAC's golden/refined golden and see how that looks compared to NARS bronzers! still not sure if i want a matte or shimmery one yet tho

Kuuipo

I like Fusions' bronzers because they are not sparkley and have natural tones. I thought Guerlain was good, but Fusion makes the most remarkable bronzers and they are full of antoxidants and ingrediants that improve the quality of skin.

taiamarie

This sounds really funny but today I walked into mac searching for the same thing, I ended up purchasing NC 55 select sheer pressed powder even though I'm an NC 15! anyways the artist helping applied it lightly all over and it gave a very natural finish, not too matte or shimmery! so yah, go to mac and give it a try
smiles.gif

taiamarie

This sounds really funny but today I walked into mac searching for the same thing, I ended up purchasing NC 55 select sheer pressed powder even though I'm an NC 15! anyways the artist helping applied it lightly all over and it gave a very natural finish, not too matte or shimmery! so yah, go to mac and give it a try
smiles.gif

mistella

I like matte bronzers.. my faves are Cargo Matte medium, Trish McEvoy matte Light (there's Dark too) and Scott Barnes, which is matte and he has 2 shades.