I've got punk'ed! 187, 168, 219 fake brushes!!

mitcha

I've bought from "jing77612" on Ebay.
I was the first to give her negative feedback, and already opened a dispute on Paypal...

See what she wrote me ..

"[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Hi, I respect your opinions, but I guarantee all my products are 100% authentic. I worked at MAC before, and my MAC supplier is a sales rep for MAC cosmetics. Also, MAC brushes are made worldwide, they constantly update their brush models, it's no surprise if you find a few variations, and different store might get brushes made at different factories.
If you are not happy with the brush, I will accept return if you remove all negative feedbacks and the brushes are in brand new condition, and you must return them with a note inside stating the reason for returning. I will apply FULL refund once they are returned. "

angry.gif

Let's see some pics !!!

The 168 handle is different from 187 and 219 .. and these I'm 100% sure that are fakes!

[/FONT]

nana2552

OMG! I was looking at a 136 brush they are selling....I think I am through buying MAC brushes on ebay... Sorry to hear about your situation but thanks for warning the others about it.
smiles.gif

dangerousmuffins

I'm awful at deciphering fake brushes, except for the blatant easy ones to figure out. Could you please tell me why these are fake...
Thanks!

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousmuffins
I'm awful at deciphering fake brushes, except for the blatant easy ones to figure out. Could you please tell me why these are fake...
Thanks!

the biggest proof in these is the silver lettering.

the MAC logo is incorrect - the gap in the M is the wrong size and shape, and the gap in the A is too large. if this was something i'd seen just the once once i wouldn't have picked it, but several brushes side by side means that it's suspect.

The numbers are in the wrong font - most noticeable the 7 on the 187.

The ferrule on the 219 is also the wrong shape.

I've got some images up of an authentic 219 and 187 here. The pics really help to illustrate the differences clearly.

Hope this helps you out
smiles.gif

Odette

I'll just say this, not everything that does not have the exact same lettering is fake. Remember the brushes are hand assembled and not everything made in the factory passes the quality test. Guess what? Someone working at the factory is selling them if they are not being destroyed.

The only way you can be 100% sure that your brushes are MAC is to purchase from MAC. Not all my MAC brushes look the same and I only buy from MAC.

JMO.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette
I'll just say this, not everything that does not have the exact same lettering is fake. Remember the brushes are hand assembled and not everything made in the factory passes the quality test. Guess what? Someone working at the factory is selling them if they are not being destroyed.

The only way you can be 100% sure that your brushes are MAC is to purchase from MAC. Not all my MAC brushes look the same and I only buy from MAC.

JMO.

absolutely - with the brushes being handmade it's normal to have some small inconsistencies.

the flags start to wave when you have a consistent set of inconsistencies, if that makes sense
smiles.gif

aimee

im sorry to hear that but to be honest i have to say dont excpect real MAC stuff from Ebay you have to live with the fakes because if you want authentic MAC Brushes buy them @MAC i mean common theyre more expensive but theyre worth it + you dont have to deal with Ebay Feedback and stupid People who try to sell fake stuff.