Japanese brushes - Chikuhodo, Koyudo, Hakuhodo, Suqqu, etc

powderprincess

hi..yes the the Fu-pa 14 is squirrel and very soft and great.you can use it for powder and for bronzer even blush.there is also very beautyfull kabukis koyodo  in cd japan site.if i have to have one koyodo brush it will be fu-pa 14.go check and the kabukis (ask me anythink you want).i always choose the cheapest because i want to avoid customs.it takes 3 to 4 weeks to arrive to greece but i nevers lost one.you can have EMS for USA i think they do not stop at yours customs(in europe they do) and it is faster.
Second on the FuPa 14. This brush is amazing and so soft

karlaedith

Im pr
Which are better? Hakuhodo, Chikuhodo, Koyudo or any of the other Japanese lines? 
im probably not the right person to say this as i dont have any hakus, chikuhodo, koyudo etc only mac, but i think it depends on your personal taste and needs, quality wise you cant go wrong on either of those, if you like only squirrel hair or have very sensitive skin then chikuhodo or suqqu would be a good for you, if you like white goat hair, or a mix of goat and squirrel that wont be so expensive hakuhodo is a good option, i heard koyudo makes very good quality and fairly inexpensive brushes :)

Bronwyn

I just bought my first two japanese brushes from chikuhodo. They are incredibly soft and dense, and just firm enough to be multi tasking. I ordered from beautylish to canada, and it took 3 days, when it was estimated to take 4 so I highly recommend beautylish. The brushes I bought are the chikuhodo z5 eyeshadow brush and chikuhodo z4 cheek/highlight brush. These are the kind of products you use once, and instantly know you want more, even though you can technically do your full face with these two lovelies. The z5 is a very dense wide paddle eye brush, perfectly for application and blending, and it naturally diffuses and blends the colour with virtually no effort. It even works for the crease and blending shadow on the lower lashline to some extent. It's perfect for sensitive eyes. I imagine one could contour their nose with it if they wanted to. Both brushes up product beautifully, and apply it evenly. The cheek highlight brush works well for blush, highlighting (and powder and contour in a pinch). It diffuses the blush so nicely and feels incredible on the face. Both brushes are very short and small. They feel extremely lightweight yet extremely well made. It is surprising as I often associate a heavier product with higher quality, but this is an excellent exception to the rule. I am simply enamoured with these brushes even though I've only had them for a few days. They were extremely expensive, but absolutely worth it in my mind for the high quality, multitasking capabilities, and low maintenance care requirements. I now have the chikhodo z8 cheek brush, z10 eyeshadow brush, z2 highlight brush, and z3 contour brush on my wishlist. I normally don't go on and non about a product but these are truly worth the hype.

karlaedith

I just bought my first two japanese brushes from chikuhodo. They are incredibly soft and dense, and just firm enough to be multi tasking. I ordered from beautylish to canada, and it took 3 days, when it was estimated to take 4 so I highly recommend beautylish. The brushes I bought are the chikuhodo z5 eyeshadow brush and chikuhodo z4 cheek/highlight brush. These are the kind of products you use once, and instantly know you want more, even though you can technically do your full face with these two lovelies. The z5 is a very dense wide paddle eye brush, perfectly for application and blending, and it naturally diffuses and blends the colour with virtually no effort. It even works for the crease and blending shadow on the lower lashline to some extent. It's perfect for sensitive eyes. I imagine one could contour their nose with it if they wanted to. Both brushes up product beautifully, and apply it evenly. The cheek highlight brush works well for blush, highlighting (and powder and contour in a pinch).  It diffuses the blush so nicely and feels incredible on the face. Both brushes are very short and small. They feel extremely lightweight yet extremely well made. It is surprising as I often associate a heavier product with higher quality, but this is an excellent exception to the rule. I am simply enamoured with these brushes even though I've only had them for a few days. They were extremely expensive, but absolutely worth it in my mind for the high quality, multitasking capabilities, and low maintenance care requirements. I now have the chikhodo z8 cheek brush, z10 eyeshadow brush, z2 highlight brush, and z3 contour brush on my wishlist. I normally don't go on and non about a product but these are truly worth the hype. 
I signed up for beautylish and as a new costumer i get 10 dls off 50 on my first purchase, and i been thinking of buying maybe the chikuhodo z4 and Wayne goss no 4, or the Wayne goss no2 and no.4 and 5 but dont know yet, i already have a list of the brushes i want to buy from hakuhodo; dont know what to do, btw do you think the z4 brush head is good size for blush aplication? Or is it a little to small?does it pick up product well?

Bronwyn

I signed up for beautylish and as a new costumer i get 10 dls off 50 on my first purchase, and i been thinking of buying maybe the chikuhodo z4 and Wayne goss no 4, or the Wayne goss no2 and no.4 and 5 but dont know yet, i already have a list of the brushes i want to buy from hakuhodo; dont know what to do, btw do you think the z4 brush head is good size for blush aplication? Or is it a little to small?does it pick up product well?
Hmm well one thing to consider is apparently chikuhodo brushes are a bit cheaper on beautylish than some other websites. It is quite small, but because of this, it is extremely precise. It picks up product really well. I like that it doesn't waste product.

karlaedith

Hmm well one thing to consider is apparently chikuhodo brushes are a bit cheaper on beautylish than some other websites. It is quite small, but because of this, it is extremely precise. It picks up product really well. I like that it doesn't waste product. 
Ok good to know, for blush i only have mac 116 but its not as soft as i would like and 168 but i dont like that shape for apply blush so i use it to countour but i dont like it for that either... So yeah, im in need of some good brushes, good thing is that im just stating to build up my collection and i didnt go overly crazy buying all the mac face brushes as i only have 3 and i dont think they are that good

Bronwyn

Ok good to know, for blush i only have mac 116 but its not as soft as i would like and 168 but i dont like that shape for apply blush so i use it to countour but i dont like it for that either... So yeah, im in need of some good brushes, good thing is that im just stating to build up my collection and i didnt go overly crazy buying all the mac face brushes as i only have 3 and i dont think they are that good
Yeah, i'm only recently getting into higher end brushes. I mostly own quo,real techniques,sonia kashuk. My one mac brush is the 217, and honestly, it's not that soft, though it is good at precision blending. I think having less but better quality brushes is better when possible.

karlaedith

Yeah, i'm only recently getting into higher end brushes. I mostly own quo,real techniques,sonia kashuk. My one mac brush is the 217, and honestly, it's not that soft, though it is good at precision blending. I think having less but better quality brushes is better when possible. 
I agree, i want to have a small brush collection but only of brushes that are good quality, soft and pretty, i also have the 217 and now i want the dupe in the haku line which is the j5523 i think; the 217 isnt as soft as when i first got it and since a few months my eyelids have become more dry and sensitive and when i use it to blend out colors on the crease it feels a little scratchy :/

Bronwyn

I agree, i want to have a small brush collection but only of brushes that are good quality, soft and pretty, i also have the 217 and now i want the dupe in the haku line which is the j5523 i think; the 217 isnt as soft as when i first got it and since a few months my eyelids have become more dry and sensitive and when i use it to blend out colors on the crease it feels a little scratchy :/
Also, pretty sure suquu makes chikuhodo, and there have been a lot of comparisons betwee suquu and the chikuhodo z series, but the z series is much cheaper and more accessible. Yeah, using better or worse brushes makes such a difference. The eye area is so sensitive, it's good to have soft brushes, that also do the job well.

niccig

Not that you probably need an enabling but you neeeeeed the J5523! It's so much softer than the 217, and both of mine are still perfect after using them for almost two years.

karlaedith

Y
Not that you probably need an enabling but you neeeeeed the J5523! It's so much softer than the 217, and both of mine are still perfect after using them for almost two years.
yep, i have it on my list :) and the 142, 146 and G5521, im trying to have it under $100 can you believe i dont have any good crease brush besides the 217!!? The only 2 other crease brushes i have are from a Estee lauder holiday set from like 3 or 4 years ago and i hate them! And i also use a brush from a gwp from like 4 years ago for setting my undereye concealer with powder and its so scratchy :/

karlaedith

Does anyone have the chikuhodo z2 or the hakuhodo G5521(or both) ? Im trying to decide for one of these, i want it for setting my undereye concealer with powder and to use with one of the hourglass ambient powders (the yellow one) on my T zone and for higlight

niccig

Does anyone have the chikuhodo z2 or the hakuhodo G5521(or both) ? Im trying to decide for one of these, i want it for setting my undereye concealer with powder and to use with one of the hourglass ambient powders (the yellow one) on my T zone and for higlight
I've got the G5521 and that's exactly what I use it for - highlighting and setting small areas. It's pretty dense and doesn't fluff out a whole lot, so it's pretty perfect.

karlaedith

I've got the G5521 and that's exactly what I use it for - highlighting and setting small areas. It's pretty dense and doesn't fluff out a whole lot, so it's pretty perfect.
Thankyou, i really like the look of the G5521 so thats the one i getting, btw as i dont have any crease brush besides the mac 217 i bought a crease brush from merle norman and i really like it, i havent washed it yet, i like its shape and it feels soft
189bbf79_image.jpeg

Pinkdollface

I have both the Chikuhodo and Hakuhodo. The Chikuhodo is softer and therefore it applies product with less coverage. If you don't want to order from both companies the Hakuhodo is definitely a good choice. I slightly prefer the Chikuhodo for what you want to use it for. It gives a really nice and soft effect, very natural looking (which that's what the Hourglass powders do too, so a perfect combination). I think for setting concealer it would be perfect, because it's so soft for that sensitive area. Also it will never apply too much powder and make it look powdery. If you do prefer a slightly heavier application and more noticable highlight I would go with the Hakuhodo.

Bronwyn

Has anyone tried both the suqqu brushes and the chikuhodo z series brushes. Are they very similar? Is one better than the other?

tirurit

I think Karima (the australian blogger) wrote a blog post comparing them. You might want to google it;)

Latest posts