Japanese (thermal) hair straightening?

FemmeBella86

Hey gals,
i recently did the hair straightening & am so happy with the results. I can wash my hair run out the house and let it air dry! Its been about a month since i got it done. I just want to hear what everyones rant or raves are on the subject. Suggestions, advice and questions welcome!

RoseyPosey

I was going to do this on my hair, but decided in the end not to do it. My hair is not "kinky" or frizzy curls, i actually think my curls are beautiful, but have always felt "better" when i starighten my hair.

So i decided not to get it and embrace my curl.

What made me really decide is i hate having to straighten my hair, so on days i dont want to (which is almost everyday lol) I can just put in some mouuse and im out the door.

If i got the jap. ther. strai. after about 6months, my roots would be grown out to much, and i would have to straighten them, and then if i decided id idnt want to re=do it after 6-12 mos, i would have to wait for my hair to grow long enough to cut off the straight hair. that to me is too much work.

Im glad you like it, as im sure i would have too, but for now, im saving my money and embracing my curl!!!!!!!!!

monirock

i have a friend who gets hers done, i'm not sure how often, but her hair is always straight. i know she pays between $600-$700, if you have a question i can ask her, hth.

nichollecaren

heart sinks...700? aw man.

i'd just like to know the overall facts of the process, what changes in hair texture (besides being straighter-does it change color, softness, feel)...if its true that it is now impossible to curl! How long it takes to dry, if she had to change the products she used...how does it take hair color....stuff like that

joey444

I did it a year and a half ago (November 2007), I paid $600 and I loved it. Prior to it my hair was healthy and not really curly, kinky or frizzy but I did have to style. If I wanted it curly, I had to use mousse, gel, etc...and really, my hair was always straight (flat iron). As soon as I got it done, my hair was frizz free all of the time (I live in Miami- LOTS of humidity), very healthy, extremely shiny, etc...however, I did have to style a bit but because I like the polished straight look. My styling time though, was max, 5 minutes, and that was just to pass a quick flat iron through my dry hair to polish it more. The treatment did not change the texture of my hair, it actually improved it. I've never retouched my roots and have outgrown the treatment but my hair remained straight. The one advice is that if anyone is thinking about doing this, is that remember this is semi-permanent so until you outgrow, your hair WILL be straight. If you occasionally like the curly or wavy look, you may want to rethink this treatment.

Latest posts