Jemma Kidd i-tech = MAC Liquidlast?

swaly

Same packaging, same product smell, similar finish and longevity...but the part that really threw me is JK's 01/covert compared to MAC's Liquidlast in Aqualine. They are exactly, EXACTLY, the same. Even, like I said, the odor of the stuff. The other colors seemed slightly runnier than Liquidlasts, which are kinda "goopy," but the bright aqua/blue liner was precisely the color, texture and consistency of the MAC version.

Are they manufactured by the same factory? Or is this just an uncannily successful rip-off?

Apologies if this has been discussed––searched "Jemma Kidd" and no threads mentioned this.

gildedangel

I have never heard of Jemma Kid. Where did you buy it? Can you post pictures for us? Was it cheaper?
smiles.gif

chaffsters33

I saw the Aqualine dupe too! I swatched on my hand and it didn't come off for a week....good old liquidlast....

swaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
I have never heard of Jemma Kid. Where did you buy it? Can you post pictures for us? Was it cheaper?
smiles.gif

I hear it's a high-end line in UK (?); it's been introduced at Target and is probably one of the priciest lines on sale in that chain...I might be wrong but the MAC equivalents are more expensive than MAC itself. There are some other relevant Jemma Kidd threads on Specktra if you search "Jemma Kidd."

Also: I have swatches on my arms!!

Photo2-1.jpg

The blue light from my iMac is horrendous but the colors look accurate-ish I guess. It's on NC35 skin.

03/drama, 01/covert, 04/aesthetic, 02/contrast, 06/sculpt, 05/abstract
04/chiffon, 03/linen

The font colors aren't accurate; I just put it to help you match it up to the swatches. The photo is mirror-flipped so the colors are listed in backwards order.