Jessica Simpson Fancy

TUPRNUT

So, I bought Jessica Simpson's perfume, "Fancy" today at Macy's. I'm a closet Jessica fan, so when I heard she was coming out with a fragrance, I knew I had to check it out right away.

Macy's is the only one selling it right now... I guess other stores will launch it in a few months, from what I've heard.

I got a 3.4 oz bottle for $59, which I thought was a pretty good price for the amount of product. It's a very sweet smelling perfume, which I'm naturally attracted to anyway (I love Dior's Miss Cherie as well as Flower Bomb). The scent starts off incredibly sweet and then as it wears, warms up a bit. I'm pretty impressed and think I'll really enjoy this as part of my humble perfume collection.

Has anyone else bought or "visited" this? What are your thoughts?

TUPRNUT

I just wanted to add that after 12+ hours, I can still faintly smell this on me. Not bad!

Is anyone turned off by this just because it's by Jessica?

meanjeanster

I smelled it in my new magazine, I hate to admit I love the scent and was actually going to go find out what ingredients are in it because I want it and to be honest, I can't stand Jessica Simpson.

revinn

Sounds yummy, and right up my alley. I've never understood why people automatically say they aren't going to buy a perfume just because it was created by a celebrity..I think that's as stupid as saying, "oh, Paris Hilton made this, so I'm going to buy it whether I like it or not." I'm not a Jessica Simpson fan, but I read on MUA that it smells like CanCan & Fantasy, two of my all time faves, so this will definitely be on my Christmas list
winks.gif
Can you elaborate a little on what you specifically smell in the fragrance? I never like going only by the official descriptions.

glam8babe

ohh i hope this comes to the UK soon! i love sweet smelling perfumes (and i love miss cherie and flowerbomb like you) so i will probably like this

i wouldnt be turned off it because its a celeb fragrance, i love alot of celeb ones

TUPRNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by revinn
Sounds yummy, and right up my alley. I've never understood why people automatically say they aren't going to buy a perfume just because it was created by a celebrity..I think that's as stupid as saying, "oh, Paris Hilton made this, so I'm going to buy it whether I like it or not." I'm not a Jessica Simpson fan, but I read on MUA that it smells like CanCan & Fantasy, two of my all time faves, so this will definitely be on my Christmas list
winks.gif
Can you elaborate a little on what you specifically smell in the fragrance? I never like going only by the official descriptions.

Sorry I'm getting back to you a little late..

Anyway, I'm not the best at smelling a fragrance and identifying "notes" in it. So, I looked the the description on macys.com and here are the things I can identify from my experience:
Toasted Almonds and Carmel is the scent that hits me immediately. On me, as the perfume warms up, I can sense more of the floral & fruit in it - mostly Gardenia and Apricot.

I hope this helps!
yes.gif

TUPRNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanjeanster
I smelled it in my new magazine, I hate to admit I love the scent and was actually going to go find out what ingredients are in it because I want it and to be honest, I can't stand Jessica Simpson.

th_LMAO.gif
That's funny because I smelled it in one of my magaznes from this month and I immediately thought, well, I love it, so now I'm going to have to buy it!

What do you think about the bottle?

CaseyKezerian

I smelled the perfume in a magazine, I absolutely love it. I'm definitely going to have to pick up a bottle. I like the butterflies on the bottle, really pretty.

S.S.BlackOrchid

I'm curious about how this smells, hopefully not TOO sweet like pink sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUPRNUT
I just wanted to add that after 12+ hours, I can still faintly smell this on me. Not bad!

Is anyone turned off by this just because it's by Jessica?

I am not a Jessica Simpson fan at all, but I have to admit I like her shoes.

Divinity

Smelled this in a magazine and fell in love. Surprising as I can't stand Jessica Simpson either, but she's talented in the ways of shoes and perfume
smiles.gif

SChotgurrl

I smelled this in the September Allure and it first reminded me of Aquolina Pink Sugar which is one of my faves!!!

urbanlilyfairy

UGH I can't Stand Jessica Freaking SIMPSON >>but I actually really like this fragrance ..i smelled it in a magazine and its divine ..exatcly the type of fragrance i like ..UGH im so agitated that it is by her lol ..but IM going to get it not because its by jessica simpson ..but i really love the fragrance lolz..i will prob cringe when i buy it ..but at least I will love how i smell ..hehe (which is really important to me lately ..since being pregnant I havne';t been able to tolerate many fragrances that i own now and have loved...) heh

xsnowwhite

I like the smell but it is a tad too strong for my liking. I loved the smell in a mag but when I sprayed it on me I thought I was going to die it is soo freakin strong.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S.BlackOrchid
I am not a Jessica Simpson fan at all, but I have to admit I like her shoes.

I like her...although not as much as I did in her Newlyweds days. I looooove her shoes, though. I'm interested in what this smells like - I hope it's not too super sweet.

S.S.BlackOrchid

I smelled Fancy today and it was wayyy to sweet. It smelled like orange creamsicles & candy. I didn't like it, but I can see it being popular with Pink Sugar fans.

The bottle is pretty though.

butterflydream

I like the way it smells, but I don't thnk I would buy it. I had a bad experience with that dessert line she had. My friend had went and bought all of the body sprays from that line, and she said she liked them. I was at Kohls and they had a display of it, and my son sprayed it all over the place, the banana one I think and was licking off his hands. Anyway I tried to clean him up but it got on me, and I had a HUGE allergic reaction. I had to get an eneppherin (or how ever it is spelled) shot. I guess it was something in the ingredients. Hopefully this one has a different maker.

aconundrum

It's a pleasant sweet smell....but it smells soooo generic. it reminds me of a dozen other fragrances that have been released in the last five years or so.
I love the bottle.

liv

Ehh, I'm so sick of this celebrity fragrance "it smells like sugar and caramel and sugar dipped marshmallow" rut. The only celeb frag I like is SJP's Lovely.

And I hate the name. It reminds me of what children say to describe something that is usually over-the-top or gaudy to us adults.
And Fancy Feast. yeah, the cat food.

revinn

Yumm. My parents brought this back from NYC for me (we have no Macy's here in NS), and I absolutely love it! On my skin, something smells a little off, so I spray it in my hair to prevent this, and I think it smells delicious!