Jewelescent Dark Soul vs. Dark Soul

mezzamy

Hi there,

I was just wondering whether the Dark Soul Pigment that's coming out with the Jewelescent Collection is different to the old Dark Soul? In the Jewelescent Color Stories thread, it describes Dark Soul as:

Dark Soul - Charcoal black smoked with gold

But on the MAC website, it describes Dark Soul as:

Dark Soul - Deep smoke grey with silver, gold and white pearl (Pearl Particle)

And unless I'm mistaken, wasnt the regular Dark Soul not eye-safe?

Thanks in advance!

MACGoddess

The pigment will be the same as the one currently permanent. They just gave it a bit of a different description... It will be a repromote, meaning it is a current item in the permanent collection and is being repromoted with the LE collection.

capytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACGoddess
It will be a repromote, meaning it is a current item in the permanent collection and is being repromoted with the LE collection.

I don't understand why they'd repromote it it it's going to be exactly the same. I understand why they repromote d/c items, or if it's part of a set or something, but isn't that kind of pointless to just have another item exactly the same when it's not really LE?

Shawna

Since pigments aren't available at all counters, this is one way to introduce them to all counters in limited quantity. You can purchase some pigments online or at freestanding or pro stores, but for people like me who don't have close access to those stores, I love the repromotes
smiles.gif
I have a feeling that they sometimes repromote regular items that aren't selling well either. That way they get noticed and get people interested in them. I for one, cannot wait for this collection. Pigments and glitter!! My favorite things.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
.... I have a feeling that they sometimes repromote regular items that aren't selling well either. That way they get noticed and get people interested in them......

You hit the nail on the head with that one. For example the Glimmer Shimmers which are released and released and released. They are repromoting that ugly Sacred White polish again with Danse. I swear they are just trying to clear out the warehouse sometimes!
lol.gif

lianna

Yeah, there's a definite difference in the colour and texture. I recently got a replacement bottle of Dark Soul made this year and the glitter isn't as obvious as in my previous bottle which was made in 2003 IIRC. And the new batch doesn't seem as chunky and doesn't fall all over the place though you still have to be careful when using it.

I think they did it so it could be classified as eyesafe, but I kind of preferred the more sparkly texture of the earlier batches.

honeebee

LMAO, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
You hit the nail on the head with that one. For example the Glimmer Shimmers which are released and released and released. They are repromoting that ugly Sacred White polish again with Danse. I swear they are just trying to clear out the warehouse sometimes!
lol.gif

Latest posts