Joan Collins "smokey eyes"

Pinky & Poodle

Hello all you clever people
smiles.gif

I would like to recreate this look, but need a little help. Which eyeshadows would you use and why?

I don't know why I want an old womans make up, but I think it looks great and is somehow very me
yes.gif

joan-collins-300x400_e__oPt.jpg

LMD84

hhhmmm i would personally use carbon on the lid - it looks very black- then she has quite a defined line between the black and silvery colour... perhaps silver ring shadow would be a good choice... or if you find that too dark then electra shadow. to highlight a nude colour like dazzlelight would be good. and then a black kohl liner (like ud zero) smudged under the eyes. i think it's a great classic vamp look!
thmbup.gif

Pinky & Poodle

Thank you so much
th_hug.gif

I'll have to get one of either Knight Devine or Silver Ring.
Which do you think I'll have much wear of?

January

Her look is very dark near the lashline and then the gradient works out lighter up to the brow bone ( resembling "smoke"
smiles.gif
). Really easy to create with a black (Carbon or Black Tied), a grey (Scene or Print or Knight Devine - depending on how intense you want it to be), and a white (Gesso or even something like Blanc Type or Vanilla).

I would line my upper lashline thick with an eyeliner like Smolder or Feline, blend the Black Tied on top and all over the lid, blending out right before the crease, then adding the grey heavily blended out over the crease and a little higher (depending on your eye shape - she has quite a bit of room), then adding your lighter color.

Also lower your lower lash line.

Let us know how it works out!
smiles.gif

Pinky & Poodle

Thank you very much!

I've been going back and forth between Knight Devine and Silver Ring.

I just got Deep Truth, and would like to be able to use it with that as well, but I guess either would do ?!

January

Knight Devine and Silver Ring are pretty similar IMO. Silver Ring is lighter and would probably be my pick when recreating this look.

Latest posts