John Frieda Color Glaze question?

calliestar

I am interested in trying some...my hair is a dirty blonde. If I were to use the brunette one would it darken my hair? What would happen if I were to use the red one? I don't dye my hair because my hair is super porous and won't hold the color for a long period of time, so I was wondering if this could be a sort of alternative to dyeing it.

ette

Ugh, these dry hair out so much, and they stink! I never use drugstore things, but I thought this would work. I was WRONG. If you want some temporary color, use the ArTec shampoos/conditioners. You should try the Cocoa Bean one if you want a little more brunette.

Jennifer Mcfly

i agree, they stink! I bought the dark brunette one b/c I have dark hair and it made my hair feel so gross, oily and dirty and not in a good way! and it didn't do anything for the color or shine of my hair. I would pass on this item!

MissMisah

yep. id have to agree!! they smell. and if you dont get it off your palm quickly enough ... i leaves a small stain. also, my hair always feels WORSE after Ive used it.

I would also have to suggest the ARTec shampoos and conditioners. I dunno why i stopped using them. but when i highlighted my hair, this was the onlee thing that helped it stay blonde and not turn brassy and yellow. definitely try it!!!!

misstwiggwinkle

I tried this the other day. I wasnt impressed, it was a major let down. It did nothing for me either. It goes everywhere when you use it, and you have to scrub to get it off your tiles. Because it stains really badly.

aeni

Weird I've never had a problem with the product! I use it on both my hair and my bf's facial hair (the son bleaches it). I used it once when really blonde, and it turned out a redish brunnette (this was the darkest brown). Just FYI.

theend

I've just started using it on my hair - the dark brunette one, and at first I though it made my hair feel funny, but the day after washing it's really shiny and nice. Guess it doesn't work for everyone.

Brianne

Honestly, I think this product is sh*t.
It's gloppy, it gets all over the place, it stains the tub (I use permanent haircolor and even that doesn't stain!), and it dries my hair out. Not worth the money (which makes me really glad I got mine for nothing, no way would I have wanted to shell out $10 for it).

..kels*

i bought the dark brown one in hopes that it would cover up the blonde in my hair. i haven't had any problems with it staining my shower or my hands & i actually don't mind the smell. after only a few uses my blonde changed to a nice carmelly brown colour. it does seem to dry my hair out a bit though but that's what hot-oil treatments are for.
greengrin.gif

ms.marymac

Dangit...I just bought a bottle. I am afraid to use it now!
eeksign.gif
I wonder what would happen if you mixed it with conditioner-has anyone tried that?

aeni

Never tried it. I just follow the directions on the bottle but let us know how it goes.

angeldust

boo...if you want shiny hair just use a clear dye with silicone (try wella, available at Sally's) that way the silicone in it will leave it softer as well. If you're looking for color tinted shampoo's try ARTec and i believe bumble and bumble has them out as well...

Latest posts