juicy tubes smell

magenta

i bought my first juicy tube today, in fruity pop after loving it on lah_knee. anyways, i noticed it had a slight plasticky smell when i first used it, but after squeezing out a little bit more it mostly went away. is it rancid? or do juicy tubes just smell a little different? i might be used to the obvious vanilla of MAC. should i return it?

mac_obsession

Depends on the JT with the smell...Some smell funky, some smell great. The cherie collection smell like cherries, while Ive heard some smell like cotton candy or something similar...Ive got a few that are berry smelling, and i cant quite place what the others smell like but never plastic :x

magenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
Depends on the JT with the smell...Some smell funky, some smell great. The cherie collection smell like cherries, while Ive heard some smell like cotton candy or something similar...Ive got a few that are berry smelling, and i cant quite place what the others smell like but never plastic :x

it's almost...lemony? but with berry in there too...just like fruit. which i think is probably part of the weirdness. now that i've squeezed out abit the plasticky smell is gone.

niecypiecy

I only have Mahani (I think that's the spelling) and it smells like caramel - I have smelled some that were floral and some that were fruity before though

Shawna

I have one of their star glosses and it really stinks. Same thing, it smells like plastic chemicals. I brought it back because it even tasted bad if it got in my mouth. The woman was a total snot and said all the star glosses smell like that. She wouldn't give me a refund b/c I had used it a couple of times. She said if I wanted something to smell good, I had better buy only JT's next time. Ah well, it looks amazing on, so I guess I just have to chalk it up to the price I pay for beauty.

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvtinkerbell23
i have honey violet...i love it. it smells like berries. its a cherie one...

Yeah the cherie ones are meant to smell like cherries..

All of the juicy tubes and juicy tube pops are different, I have ones that smell like marshmallows, like lemon, like fruit etc. They're great because of that
smiles.gif

Some do smell a bit horrid though...

mspixieears

I had Bolole and actually had to part with it because the smell gave me headaches, which was so unfortunate as the colour was really nice. Some of them smell nicer than others.

mac_obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
I had Bolole and actually had to part with it because the smell gave me headaches, which was so unfortunate as the colour was really nice. Some of them smell nicer than others.

Yeah some of them are more pigmented than others, some are shinier, some are glittery. They all smell different from what Ive noticed, except the ones from the same collections at least... I love jt pops especially in the summer, they cool my lips down
greengrin.gif