July 15th the NARS Larger Than Life Long-Lasting Eyeliners are Available!!

WhatWouldJoanDo

Hi !!

I just read that July 15th the Larger Than Life Eyeliners (very long-lasting) named after famous streets will be available!!! Can't wait - 3 days !!!

WhatWouldJoanDo

Sure! MissMolliecule posted these pics in the NARS Fall 2011 thread earlier:

Quote: Originally Posted by missmolliecule

and here are some of the liners!!!

so we have mattes AND shimmers, and they're retractable YET THEY HAVE SHARPENERS just for the little point! genius!! i love that there's a nude liner AND a white liner, that is so badass.

apparently they are VERY smudge and budge proof!

Monsy

I only have one but i love it! Staying power is amazing

some links:
http://karlasugar.net/2011/08/nars-larger-than-life-eyeliner-revisited/

this looks beautiful:
http://cafemakeup.com/2011/09/01/nars-via-appia-larger-than-life-pencil/

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/put-on-your-moon-boots-nars-silver-odyssey-blasts-onto-counters-next-week/

WhatWouldJoanDo

Monsy, I also have one of these eyeliners, via appia, and it's awesome/creamy to apply and looks fantastic on! Definitely lasts all day/night flawlessly!!

PS The swatches above don't do the eyeliners justice.

honybr

I have the green one (Rue de Rivoli) and it's amazing. Long lasting is really no joke. In fact after wearing it for 12 hours I still had to work to get it off with makeup remover. While I was orignially put off by the price, these are so worth it.

EngineerBarbie

I have Abbey Road and Rue St. Honore and I LOVE THEM!!! They go on so smooth and really do last. Planning on picking up Bourbon St. this weekend and Via Crispi should arrive next week.

Monsy

call me an idiot but i have no idea how to sharpen these? i don't get how that little sharpener works?

EngineerBarbie

call me an idiot but i have no idea how to sharpen these? i don't get how that little sharpener works?
Don't be. I'm an Engineer and was like, "HTF do I sharpen this thing!?!?"
getyou.gif
My poor Abbey Road suffered from my impatience as I put it into the pencil sharpener and was like, "Why is this so hard to sharpen? Fraak!!" I figure it has to be easier, right? So as usual, Google had the answer via a few beauty blogs.

Turns out you pop out the little sharpener thing, put it on top of the pencil then twist the bottom of the pencil to push the product up and through the little sharpener thingy. Forward pressure meets blade = freshly sharpened eyeliner pencil.

Epic brain fart on my part.

Monsy

i also ruined mine via appia because i put it in regular nars sharpener
ohboy.gif

thank you, i'll try again today

WhatWouldJoanDo

oh monsy ... :/ ... the sharpening tip helps me too - I was just sharpening a single side to get a bit of a tip and then used light strokes to create a thin line ... THANKS EngineerBarbie for the answer and THANKS Monsy for asking the great question!

WhatWouldJoanDo

i'm gonna try that way to sharpen .. but the website says:

Sharpening tips:

• To achieve a soft point, twist up the pencil color to slightly above the height of the sharpener blade.
  • Hold the sharpener still in one hand and gently insert the pencil and turn the pencil clockwise, shaving the edges to a soft point.
  • Repel pencil color so only the sharpened area is exposed.

Latest posts