Jumping on the Lush-train ... recommendations?

veilchen

Hi lovelies!

After studying the Lush Sticky thread thoroughly and reading all the positive comments there I would really like to try some Lush products as well, and hoped all the experts out there could help me choose!

My problem is: I have never tried Lush at all, I don't know what I *need* (actually, when it comes to what I need I would have to say nothing, lol). I just would like to try some nice things ...
E.g. some soap, scrub, body lotion, shower gel or butter or whatever they have (I'm just overwhelmed by the mass of products and scents and thus have no idea what to pick) ... But if there's anything else I ought to try, please let me know! Oh: I don't have a tub, so unfortunately I can't try the bath bombs everyone raves about.

What makes me just a little bit insecure is the intense scent some have complained of - I'm quite sensitive to scents as well and I can't stand anything too sweet (banana, vanilla, toffee), but I really like floral (rose, violet) and fruity (lemon, orange) scents ... So this makes it difficult for me to pick things as well.

There are so many scents, but could it be that there are really few things with a floral scent or did I just not look closely enough?

Sorry about the long post ;-)

Thanks in advance to everyone who wants to suggest something and let me partake of the Lush secrets
smiles.gif

moonrevel

Welcome to the LUSH cult!
smiles.gif
I just joined myself,and at first I didn't want to get anything to replace my normal routine, but now I am in the process of changing my hair and skin care over to LUSH. I like foody smells, so most of the things I have are fairly sweet smelling, but I can think of two things that I've purchased that sound like what you might like as a introduction to the wonder that is LUSH...

Dream Cream has a very nice, light, herbaly kind of floral scent, and it is a fantastic body lotion. In the tub, it might smell a bit strange, but once you put it on it is very subtle and extremely nice on the skin.

Each Peach massage bar has a heavenly citrusy scent that doesn't last too long once you put it on, but is a great after-shower moisturizer.

Watch out, though, LUSH is a dangerous obsession, maybe even worse than MAC!

alurabella

OH gosh... if you like things perfumey, close to floral-ish.... Aqua Marina is an awesome face wash/mask. It's clay and seweed... I just got it and it's fabulous!!! It made me skin so soft.
smiles.gif
And I'm VERY brone to break outs, and have sensitive skin... this stuff was great.
smiles.gif
It has a strong smell, but it's along the lines of a floral perfuem, imo.

veilchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
Dream Cream has a very nice, light, herbaly kind of floral scent, and it is a fantastic body lotion. In the tub, it might smell a bit strange, but once you put it on it is very subtle and extremely nice on the skin.

Each Peach massage bar has a heavenly citrusy scent that doesn't last too long once you put it on, but is a great after-shower moisturizer.

Thanks so much for your suggestions!
smiles.gif
I'll be sure to check these out! Both of the things sound really like what I'd be interested in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alurabella
Aqua Marina is an awesome face wash/mask. It's clay and seweed... I just got it and it's fabulous!!! It made me skin so soft.
smiles.gif
And I'm VERY brone to break outs, and have sensitive skin... this stuff was great.
smiles.gif
It has a strong smell, but it's along the lines of a floral perfuem, imo.

That does sound really nice, thanks for mentioning it!
smiles.gif
I could really use something to lessen my (hormonal) break-outs.

mspixieears

Go for the bath melts like Floating Island, In the Nude, Dreamtime, Ceridwen's Cauldron, MMM - they have really gentle scents and are a good intro into Lush if you find the other scents too intense.

veilchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Go for the bath melts like Floating Island, In the Nude, Dreamtime, Ceridwen's Cauldron, MMM - they have really gentle scents and are a good intro into Lush if you find the other scents too intense.

Thank you!! Unfortunately I don't have a bath tub so I fear I really miss out on many good bathing products (I read about the Ballistics as well and they sound so gorgeous).
Could the bath melts be used for slathering on the body in the shower too, just to make it soft, or would that be totally besides their aim?

roxybc

I just started using my first few Lush products as well, after all the great feedback from people on this board.

I'd highly recomend the Angels on Bare Skin face cleanser, the Buffy the Backside Slayer Cocoa Butter mositurizing stick/scrub (I just wrote a review for this on MUA!) and the Tea Tree Toner.

The Lush in Victoria is closed so when I went over to Vancouver I went WILD there!

I ended up making 3 purchases at 2 different stores, over 3 days!!!

I bought:

BIG Shampoo
Mask of Magnaminty
2 Butter Ball Bath Bombs
Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser
Buffy The Backside Slayer Body Butter Scrub
Silky Underwear Powder
Rose Water Toner
Tea Tree Toner
A ton of samples and a free gift bag with more samples, a huge bath bomb, and a lip balm!!!

I have tried everything I bought, and I love it all! I will definitly be buying more, and have even contimplated getting a (very) part time job there over the summer, partially because of their discount, but also because I really do think they're products are great!

veilchen

Hi lovelies!

Thanks to all your feedback I also went wild (roxybc - I can totally relate!).

I made a list with all your recommendations and then tried a lot at the store, and I was amazed at how much I even liked the scents I thought I would not like at all. For example, after reading in various descriptions that Sympathy for the Skin smells like bananas (I didn't even like them as a child and it hasn't changed *lol*), I sniffed at it and actually like it a lot!

The scents may be intense at first, but linger softly on the skin, and I think in the future I'll even try stuff that smells really sweet like candy or so. Who knows I may not like those as well ...

So I got:

* Angels on Bare Skin (tried it yesterday already, it left my skin so soft, I couldn't believe it)
* 4 soaps: Gratuitous Violets, Ooh La La, Alkmaar and 17 Cherry Lane
* 3 Buttercreams: Emperor of the Ice Cream, Ring of Roses and Heavenly Bodies (I tried RoR already and it smells divine and leaves my skin so soft that I really don't have to use lotion afterwards if I don't want to)
* Smitten handcream
* Pied de Pepper foot cream (I don't like this very much yet, the smell is a bit too spicy for me, but I'll get used to it I hope - took it because the SA said it does wonders to one's feet and that can't be bad now as sandal-time is approaching; but maybe next time I'll try the Fair Trade foot lotion)
* Dream Cream
* Sympathy for the Skin (I tried both on different parts of my body to see the difference and I really like both)
* Each Peach massage bar
* Buffy

and the samples I got: You've been mangoed, bits of Bathos and Butterball (I have no tub so I have to figure out what to do with these) and a little jar of Cosmetic Warrior bio-fresh mask.

After looking through the shop there are even more things I'd love to try, so next time I'll probably go crazy too *lol*.

Thanks again for your input, ladies, and for introducing me to Lush! *hugs*