Just a rant

seonmi

I need to rant. I've been depressed lately because of my skin. I was on a new birth control pill for the last 3 months. And it's been killing my skin. Finally, I decided to get off it several days ago. Now, my chin area is covered with huge pimples. It hurts so bad and it is damaging my confidence. I don't want to look at people, say hi to people because I don't want them to take more time looking at my face. I was from a cute pretty girl to the point that now I am disgusted by myself, or by my skin to be exact.

I wish I could just disappear for a while until my skin gets back to normal. I don't feel like going anywhere. My friends sometimes stop by my dorm room and I don't even open the door because I have no makeup on and look terrible. I'm gonna wait for one more month 'til my next period. If things don't improve significantly, I am gonna try another brand of BC.

I am acne-prone and suffered acne through my high school years. But it's been forever since my last huge breakout. Usually, I just get like one or two pimples a month. I'm using benoxyl religiously and it's making my skin so dry and look horrible with makeup.

And I don't think it's makeup that breaks me out because I had no makeup on for 3 weeks of Christmas break and things were no where near good. I'm so hating life right now
angry.gif

Because I don't feel like going out at all, I entertain myself by shopping online. It takes a toll on my bank account, though. I soon will have to be on a no-buy. Getting 5 NARS blushes today made me quite happy. But I can just look at them because I don't want to put anything on my disgusting face
th_dunno.gif

My bf said it's no big deal. I guess he was trying to comfort me
ssad.gif

Sorry for taking up cyber space for my crap
shockt.gif

iadoremac

sorry you feel that way babes but may i suggest that instead of spending all your money shopping online that you go and see a dermatologist andsolve the problem once and for all

Willa

Usually, birth control pill takes about 3 months to regulate
When I started taking Diane 35, wich is wonderfull, I had acnea for 2 months, but after that only one or two pimple and it went away.

You probably should have waited a little bit more to see results
th_dunno.gif

When I don't take the pill, I look like a mess
I have disgusting white pimples all over my face and CHEST!!!!
shockt.gif

angry.gif

seonmi

Thanks for the advice. I just got off the BC and want to give it a little time. I guess I shouldn't have stayed on the BC for that long.

kaliraksha

Oh man, I'm sorry you feel that way. I had bad acne for 2 years of High School and now that my skin is clear it would be so tough to go back... especially since all my friends remark on how clear my skin is... if only they knew me in HS and I tell them so.

Rant away! I really hope you find a solution that works for you... most people have a love or hate relationship with Proactive but it's really helped keep my skin clear. I usually only use it 2-3 times a week because it dries my face out if used everyday then I'll use something with a bit more moisture most days. I only use the cleanser, not the toner or lotion. I buy the cleanser alone from HSN or QVC- one of those.

To be completely honest, it's probably only a big deal to you and you shouldn't let it debilitate you. Just tell it like it is... it's your BC, it's not like you've suddenly decided to stop taking care of yourself.

anita22

I've suffered from pretty serious acne on and off for the last 12 years, and the one thing I can say is that if it's affecting you this way then it's *definitely* time to see a dermatologist. He/she is the expert and will be able to advise you of what the best approach is to deal with your acne. Different things work for different people (me personally, the only thing that works is Accutane). People will recommend this or that which has worked for them, but it will ultimately be a waste of time and a lot of money, unless you have something that is right for your specific needs.

anita22

Also, just wanted to add that I know how you feel.. and it will pass! You'll have lovely skin again in no time :)

X4biddenxLustX

Yes definitely go see a dermatologist if it really bothers you a lot. I remember when I was younger and my face was completely blown up with acne, I just felt so grossed out by myself but you have to realize that its not your fault! A lot of factors play into acne and its not like any of us asked for it.

What kind of birth control are you on? Maybe you should also talk to the doctor who prescribed it to you and see what they say.

autumnschild

you should go with tri-ortho cyclen lo (dunno if i spelled that right). it's helped clear up my skin a bit. also taking zinc vitamins will help.

autumnschild

also, i use proactiv and it's the only thing i've found that controls my acne. nothing dermatologists have recommended/prescribed to me (though i refused to take accutane) and no high end or low end brands have helped as much as proactiv has. i suggest you try it out if you haven't already (and if you do make sure to always use the system with a moisturizer). their sulfur mask is great too.