Just got my first brushes: 109 and 217

hello_kitty

I use my 217 mainly on my crease and outer V... I apply the shadow with it, and then use it to blend it out (either in little circular motions or in a "windshield wiper" motion). Works really well! People also use it to apply cream products like paint pots, along with concealer.

I use my 109 for powder foundation, so I'm not sure how it would work with liquid...

nunu

You can use both brushes in various ways.
The 109 can be used as:
-A foundation brush,
-a powder brush,
-a contour brush and a highlighter brush.
and it can be used it to blend out creme/liquid foundation as well in circular motion.

I use studio tech foundation which is a cream, i apply it with the 190 brush and buff it in and blend it with the 109 brush.

Yes, the brush will fluff up with use.

The 217 can be used for:
- Applying and blending concealer
- Applying a base (paint pots)
- Applying and blendinf eyeshadows into the crease.

erine1881

the 217 can be used for concealer, or for shadow (for either applying shadow softly, or for buffing colour out). for either of these uses, you should always use the tip of the brush, not the sides. by using the sides of the brush, you have less control of how the product is applied.

as for the 109, when applying product as a highlight, use a windshield wiper motion. if using it for cream or liquid foundation, buff the product on with a circular motion.

LMD84

i like to use the 109 for blush as well as contouring and highlighting. i have never used to for liquid products though because i have heard that it sheds more if you use it with liquid products

the 217 is a great brush for the crease! i find it slightly messy for pigments though so mainlky use it for shadows in the crease area using the wiper motion!
smiles.gif

tifferoo

Congrats on your purchases! I have a love/hate relationship with the 109. It is absolutely the best brush I have ever used for liquid foundation. However, I always end up with a ton loose bristles on my face afterwards. It's very frustrating. Maybe you'll have better luck than me because it really does give a stunning finish.

iaisha26

I'd say you made two really good choices. Personally, I perfer my 138 brush to apply blush, but the 217 brush is one of my faves. I use it every single day.

syerr101

ive used the 109 for foundation first but it was too small and i discovered the sephora #55 brush and OMG HG for liquid foundation, it just applies so smooth and fast. my 217 i use it for blending because i have small lids and it just doesnt fit into my crease the way that i like it. My 217 got fluffy after a few washes but once it dried i sprayed my smashbox brush cleaner on it and reshaped it and after it dried the bristles werent all over the place.

Latest posts