just keep swimming...

noturavgurl

hi ladies! i've always been bad at writing intros, so lemme get right into it. about 3 weeks ago, my bf broke up with me after a year and a half. we were each others firsts in many ways; he was my first...everything. he was always the one who said he didn't know what he'd do if he lost me, that he loved me so much, etc. when he ended it, he said he needed to take care of himself and we both had growing up to do and that as much as he loves me, he loves himself more. I'm 22 and he's 24. for a couple of days, i was okay aka functional. i accepted his decision and respected it. I seriously thought that if this ever happened, i would've been a complete hot mess. I was devastated, but i had no choice but to keep on swimming =). I was sick for days and barely ate anything; fortunately, i have some of the greatest friends in the world. they took me out, distracted me, pushed me into clubs, bought me shots, and stole my phone (no crunkcallin'!). i emailed him (at the advice of my friends) after he kept trying to talk to me, and i told him to back off and that i needed time. it worked for two days, but he kept talking to me..so after two weeks, we ended up talking again. he said he missed me and loved me and that he hated this. what could i say? i told him (i swear, i don't know how i stayed so levelheaded!!) that he made a decision and he has to live with the consequences; you can't have your cake and eat it too! either we're together or we're not. there's no halfway point. he blamed me saying that i was the one who forced him to break up with me and that i had too much pride. i couldn't believe it. if anything, he was the one with too much pride! he said i took him for granted and asked me what have i ever done for him? i guess at that moment, i realized that..love's not a competition. and to have to list all the sacrifices i made (my relationship with my mom, among other things) would turn our love into something..perverse. it takes two to make and break a relationship. he said maybe he made a mistake, and i said he'll have to figure that out. he cried and was acting so unlike himself..it scared me. i never thought he was that type. it didn't make me feel any better to see him in such a bad state, it made me worry about him. until i recalled that one of things he said to me when i said, please can't we just take a break instead? and he replied, "no, i can't accomodate for you anymore." and then i realized, i can't accomodate for HIM anymore. i couldn't worry about him and move on with my life at the same time. so i chose me, just like he chose him. after we hung up, i cried my eyes out even the thought of all the wrinkles waiting to happen couldn't stop my tears. then i started feeling better. crying is awesome!
even though, i can make these decisions and try my best to stop talking to him, sometimes i miss him so much that i can't help it and i'll msg him and try to talk to him...and even though we're just bs-ing, and chatting about nothing, i end up breaking down afterwards and feeling like shit and missing him more than ever. i know some day we can be friends, hopefully great friends because of all the love we shared, but right now as much as i hate to say it, he's right; we have some growing up to do. i guess the whole point of this is that, i know that maybe someone out there going though the same thing and as much as your heart wants to go be with him and do anything just to cuddle up in his nook again, please give yourself the time to mend.. for me, i know that if we get back together, we'll probably break up again in a couple of months and it's gonna hurt so much more. so i'm basically in survival mode! even as i type this, i'm missing him. i loved so many things about him. from his work ethic to his morals..to his round little butt!
blush-anim-cl.gif

anyhoo, im glad i caught myself at a good moment, because i know by tonight i might be a blubbering, snotcovered, brokenhearted mess again..and if you are going through the same thing, just remember that you loved him/her as much as you could, and if they threw in the towel, then you have to move on and leave them behind! i hope this helps someone out there...and if you have any nice stories..share!
th_DANCE.gif
< so cute!

kabuki_KILLER

I was once in a relationship sort of like yours. Mine might have been worse, though. He stopped talking to me altogether and dating other people and avoiding me. At the same time, never broke it off with me or told me so. Then he tried to blame his excessive secrecy and change in behavior on me. It got all sick and twisted, but I actually believed it was my fault. I was depressed for quite a long time.

Then I met my idol one time and had dinner with him. He told me that he was surprised because I was a "young and cute female that was smart. That's rare." Of course we all know there are a lot of smart young ladies, but more dumb ones than smart. So I decided to move past all that because there are always trash people in the world and you and myself both deserve better than that. Some people would rather do what's convenient for them than what's right, or even think about long term consequences.

Funny thing is (here's the bonus), he is also my ex's idol and the ex started texting me obsessively after someone spotted me walking around with said idol. He was all asking how I was, pretending to be all concerned about me. People in Los Angeles disgust me sometimes (some, not all). I don't even talk to my ex at all now.

gildedangel

I am glad that you have the right attitude about it! It's hard to get over someone who you have lots of firsts with, but it happens over time. I find that keeping a good distance is very helpful in the recovery process, and finding other cute boys is too!

noturavgurl

thanks yall...i had a real bad day yesterday but after talking to one of my best friends, iono i got my perspective back. i hope i can be that person to anyone who needs it! =)

cindiaz

Hi! noturavgurl,I hope your starting to feel ok,I just heard a lady on tv (on the local news) that break ups are more difficult for women because of a hormone called oxytocin(the "love hormone"),this hormone makes you more attached to someone,and she said that going through a breakup is like if you were on drugs and doing a detox,I tought that was kinda weird,lol.
I wish you the best.
yes.gif
and I know it's difficult but be strong.
th_cheerup.gif