Just the Basics.

Swept.Away

Hi everyone.

I'm not new to makeup, but I am new to MAC- before I joined this forum I stuck mostly to Smashbox, Urban Decay, and Sephora lines. What are some basics that you would suggest? If it helps, I have dark blonde/brownish hair and green/blue/grey eyes. Thanks in advance! I really appreciate any feedback from anyone.

erica_1020

I know so many girls who love Shroom eyeshadow as brow highlight or lid color and also if you are oily Bot powder

Swept.Away

I already have a color a lot like shroom (dug it up this afternoon actually, lol) and my problem isdry skin, not oily.. but i still appreciate the feedback! thanks!

maxcat

Studio Moisture Cream (comes in a big tub) is great for skin and not too $$ ... I use Cleanse Off oil to get my makeup off because it doesn't strip my skin.
Colors to try... Soba to make your eyes superblue - it's kind of a weird tanned brown... Patina... a "blue/brown" with really light shimmer... Sumptuous olive is a great metallic gold green... Pink Lemonade lipglass!! - but best to just go to a counter and play and see what strikes your fancy!!

Glitziegal

My must haves for your colouring would be

Naked Lunch eyeshadow
Botanical or Sensualize eyeshadow (both LE items)
A black liner: Engraved powerpoint if you like pencils, or Point Black liquidlast, or Blacktrack fluidline depending on what you are comfortable using.
Or if you prefer browns then Stubborn brown powerpoint, Dipdown fluidline, or Coco bar liquidlast.
The liquidlasts can be a bit tricky to work with at first but the staying power is fabulous, and worth the efford to hone your application skills.
Viva Glam V lipglass (your lips but better)

If you like a splash of colour as opposed to neutrals then maybe try waternymph eyeshadow (from the current Lure collection) it is a really pretty bright blue green which would show off your eyes a treat.

Also check out FOTD's of people with similar colouring for lots of ideas.....

Good luck.
smiles.gif

Luckie_Duck

I love Black Tied and Greensmoke for smokey eyes. Blacktrack Fluidline is just awesome, I would never use any other liner again! The staying power is amazing and it's so smooth.

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

I agree with Black tied... I too have green/blue eyes and I find these eyeshadows amazing on me: (although they're mostly LE and some are hard to find... sorry!)
* Belle Azure
* Leisuretime
* Sprout
* Sweetie Cake quad colors
* Lustreleaf
* Dazzlelight
* Paradisco
* Goldbit

Pigments: (these are sorta essentials in my eyes)
* Melon
* Pink Opal
* Deckchair

A good black eye liner, like blacktrack fluidline, also try Iris eyes fluidline....

Basically stick with purple and browns and they should make your eyes *pop*

Oh and I never really wanted it but RIS and now Prunella IS my fave eye kohl! HTHS!
smiles.gif

kimmy

i have green eyes and i'm definately going to second the suggestion of Belle Azure and Liesuretime eyeshadows.

you may want to check out Oystergirl lipglass, it's pretty amazing IMO.

what is your skintone like?

ette

I would reccomend you:
Patina shadow - a brown with blue reflect that will bring out your eyes
Naked Lunch shadow - a neutral that is suitable for everyday "quick swipe" type of makeup
Juiced shadow - orange eyeshadows can really bring out blue eyes, this one is more subtle and has pink shimmers
Black Tied shadow - to line/smoke out any look, this is a basic
Depending on which formula you like (go to a counter/store to try them out) the shadestick in Bei-jing or the paint in Bare Canvas are great bases that will make your shadow last all day
Richground Fluidline (you will also need a small angled brush) - beautiful on blue eyes and is a shimmer medium coco color
Duck Powerpoint Eye Pencil - an eye pencil in a creamy, easy to slide on formula, this color will also flatter blue eyes nicely; I would reccomend purchasing MAC's sharpener as well because it does the best job on these pencils ($3.00)
Blushbaby blush - this is fairly neutral, and it sounds as you may have a cool skintone (NW's) so this will work on you
Maidenchant blushcreme - this is out with the Lure collection, and if you are able to find it you may love it, its a cool toned shimmery pink that would look excellent on someone with blue eyes
Nymphette lipglass - this is one of the shades, along with Prrr, that are fairly basic yet super beautiful; this one is a nice subtle pink with gold shimmers
Viva Glam V lipglass - depending on your skin tone (depth) this may look to dark/light; but for most it is the perfect neutral, along with the matching lipstick
Depending on if you hate the sticky feel of lipglasses, I would also reccomend trying the Lip Gelee's in Cellopink or Slicked Pink; or the Lustreglass in Wonderstruck, Morning Glory, or Luminary
Plink! lipstick - this is a shimmery pink that feels like a gloss on the lips and is light
Snob lipstick - pale pinky purple that is really flattering on a cool complexion