Kabuki Brush

Bubbles12_98

What exactly do Kabuki brushes do?? Are they like to buff powder into the skin..like on bare minerals??

What are ya'lls fav kabuki brushes??

MacLover

I use Bobbi Browns Kabuki brush to apply my powder, and I love it! It gives me just the right coverage and doesn't look like I have caked on my face powder.

jenjunsan

The one I use is called The Ultimate Buffer---LOVE IT. For a drugstore one, Lumene makes a decent one.

Jennifer Mcfly

I use the one I got with a kit of Bare Minerals I ordered from Sephora. I use it to put on their powder foundation for fuller coverage. Sometimes I also use it as a blush brush to get a really blended glow!

Bubbles12_98

lmao @ the poo.

The reason I ask is I would like to start applying my powder with a brush instead of those sponges they come with(though the MAC sponge is nice compared to drugstore ones) & I was thinking I would like to buff it on/in with a kabuki brush

Susan

Kabukis are great! They give awesome coverage with your mineral foundation. The best one hands down is the Cat Cosmetics Kabuki, but it also the most expensive at $39. It is cashmere goat - really soft and dense. The Bobbi Brown Kabuki isn't as soft, but is equally as dense. Another great option is the very soft Japonesque squirrel Kabuki on sale at Ulta for $16. Print the coupon from their advertised specials for $3.50 off and get it for 12.50. Wow! I paid $24 for that one. The BE Kabuki is really scratchy and hurt my face.

Bubbles12_98

No Ulta in San Antonio
ssad.gif
Or I would have been all over that...I checked ebay & no decent looking ones for a decent price
ssad.gif
I'm afraid to get brushes off of ebay & have them be cheap

Sanne

I have the BE kabikibrush, and I use it as a buffingbrush. whenever my foundation doesn't look that flawless when I put on the powder I buff the area that needs a little work. it also works when i overdid my skinfinish, and it's all dusty
smiles.gif

Dreamergirl3

I really like A'Squirrel brushes. They make a really great 100% pure goat (capra) hair kabuki brush with pouch for 18.99, or you can get the Squirrel blend kabuki (which is 40% pure squirrel hair with 60% pure goat hair) for 26.99. All are available at http://www.a-squirrel.com

TipTopTap

I love my adorable pink and black ones that I got on ebay for $15 together. I use them for pressed/loose powder and blush.

user79

Try to get your hand on the 182 l/e Catherine Deneuve brush if you can, it's a good kabuki brush from what I have heard and I am waiting on a transfer to my store right now.

mjacqueline

I use mine to apply loose powder. I love my Luscious Kabuki from Essential Beauty Supplies, it super soft and I love how it feels on my face.

pugmommy7

well I am not unhappy with my BE kabuki, I don't find it scratchy, BUT I would like another for bronzers/msf's etc.
I have heard that Cat cosmetics,bobbi brown and mac cd182 are wondeful, but for the cost I want to make a great investment
smiles.gif

please let me know which you think is the softest
smiles.gif

avjwc

I use the Smashbox #19 body and face brush. It has a longer handle than kabuki brushes but is just as dense and extremely soft. Its expensive at $52 but you can find it on ebay for $25.

Latest posts