kabuki brushes

amourbliss

what type of kabuki do you have? is it good? how much was it? i'm in the market for a better one and need suggestions!!! TIA

Miss_M

I always hear a lot of raves about the MAC 182 on different boards, so getting that one would be a great investment
smiles.gif

I have the kabuki from Cat Cosmetics myself. It's really soft, but dense, doesn't shed and comes in a cute faux leather case. It retails for $39,-

newagetomatoz

Before I invested my money into a kabuki I wanted to test run a cheaper brand's. After looking at the reviews on MUA, I bought CVS's Esscence of Beauty for, I think, $9.99 and I LOVE it! It is so soft and cute and really affordable! It does the job amazingly! I might just pick up another. ; )

daisydeadpetals

Hands down, the 182 from mac. It's an unbelievable brush and well worth the $$ (I believe it's around 40?). It's very dense and super soft and perfect for mineral foundation.

Deena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
I use this one from Sephora.

$22.00

I use this one too, and I love it! I also like the Bare Escentuals Handy Buki brush

ambidextrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydeadpetals
Hands down, the 182 from mac. It's an unbelievable brush and well worth the $$ (I believe it's around 40?). It's very dense and super soft and perfect for mineral foundation.

I second this. Get the MAC 182!

redambition

i have the benefit bluff puff and the inglot kabuki.

the benefit one is ok - a bit rough.

the inglot one is awesome.

rocketqueen

I always use the Smashbox #19 Face & Body. Works great, it's a pretty dense brush and I love the long handle. I used to use Bobbi Brown's one but now I only use that for powder.

Stay away from the BE ones though, they are so harsh on skin imo!

jenii

I use a Tarte one, that came with a little carrying case thing.

It's a nice brush, but I find I don't have much use for a kabuki brush.

Regalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
i have the benefit bluff puff and the inglot kabuki.

the benefit one is ok - a bit rough.

the inglot one is awesome.

Interesting side note to this, I was at Inglot the other day and I checked out their brushes, and upon picking up the kabuki, I was struck by how incredibly similar it is to the MAC 182; like... there is literally no difference I could see. So I pulled my MAC 182 out of my bag ( it travels in there for powder touch ups >_> ) and looked at the 182 and the Inglot kabuki side by side, and there is utterly no difference. The handles are the same length, width and shape with the same finish, the bristles are the same colour, length, density and softness. Scrape the print off both and I wouldn't have been able to pick it. So I guess this lends some credence to the rumour that Inglot brushes are manufactured by the same factory as MAC brushes.

ash10spro

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
Before I invested my money into a kabuki I wanted to test run a cheaper brand's. After looking at the reviews on MUA, I bought CVS's Esscence of Beauty for, I think, $9.99 and I LOVE it! It is so soft and cute and really affordable! It does the job amazingly! I might just pick up another. ; )

i did the same thing! i LOVE it! for the price, it works amazing. Im so glad i found it when i did! =)

sharon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalis
So I guess this lends some credence to the rumour that Inglot brushes are manufactured by the same factory as MAC brushes.

Hi

I am from the UK and have never heard of this brand (Inglot). Can you tell me more about it? Where can i purchase it from?

Thanks

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalis
Interesting side note to this, I was at Inglot the other day and I checked out their brushes, and upon picking up the kabuki, I was struck by how incredibly similar it is to the MAC 182; like... there is literally no difference I could see. So I pulled my MAC 182 out of my bag ( it travels in there for powder touch ups >_> ) and looked at the 182 and the Inglot kabuki side by side, and there is utterly no difference. The handles are the same length, width and shape with the same finish, the bristles are the same colour, length, density and softness. Scrape the print off both and I wouldn't have been able to pick it. So I guess this lends some credence to the rumour that Inglot brushes are manufactured by the same factory as MAC brushes.

that was exactly why i bought the inglot one
smiles.gif
it looked and felt identical to the 182 and was cheaper.

sharon7 - inglot is a Polish brand that has been around for ages and is now expanding out into other countries.

their uk website is http://www.inglot.co.uk/ . according to it there is a store in Kent that opened in July. There's also a whole thread dedicated to them in the cosmetic discussion forum
smiles.gif

sharon7

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
that was exactly why i bought the inglot one
smiles.gif
it looked and felt identical to the 182 and was cheaper.

sharon7 - inglot is a Polish brand that has been around for ages and is now expanding out into other countries.

their uk website is http://www.inglot.co.uk/ . according to it there is a store in Kent that opened in July. There's also a whole thread dedicated to them in the cosmetic discussion forum
smiles.gif

Thanks for that. Its a shock that they have a UK store!! We never get anything in this country!!!

Twinkle_Twinkle

I have a cheapie one from Target that I got years ago. I use it for travel makeup. It's a bit rough, but it serves it's purpose well. I once had the Benefit kabuki, but it shed a lot, so I returned it.

wordgirl

I have the Chanel kabuki - the older, larger one - and a Bobbi Brown. Both of them really need to be replaced. I think I'm going for the MAC or maybe a synthetic.