Kat Von D - Painted Love Lipsticks

zerin

Kat Von D - Painted Love Lipsticks

I was always curious and wanted to try out these lipsticks. I don't really see anyone talking about them on specktra either. I tried researching but couldn't find much info on them either.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what colour might be unique and a must have? Any colours that I should avoid that can be easily duped by Mac? (silly question I guess lol)

The most popular one is Underage Red (the red bright crimson shade)...is this similar to Russian Red or Ruby Woo?

Basically...I'm just looking for some recs.
smiles.gif

ForgetRegret

I bought the trio that she has out with Homegirl, Lolita, and Hellbent, and I have to say the only one I really love is Homegirl. Hellbent was too brownish/orange for me (I need red with more blue tones), and I'm just not impressed with Lolita...I haven't worn it yet, except to try it on, but it just wasn't very exciting. I like the feel and texture of the lipsticks though, they're not drying, and don't wear off your lips in 10 minutes. The only thing I really noticed that I didn't like was that the part of the lipstick that's nearest the inside of your lip had a tendency to get that sticky kind of lipstick goo after a few hours. Does that make any sense? It's kind of hard to explain exactly what I mean, but hopefully you get it. All in all, they're not terrible, but nothing to really write home about either (although I do LOVE homegirl...such a pretty color.)

MizzTropical

These lipsticks are really rich and vibrant. You prob don't hear about them alot cause the shades aren't your everyday baby pinks and beigey nudes that most girls love(I wish she had a pretty nude lipstick like Myth though lol). I have Backstage Bambi which is hot pink and I love it. Stiletto is a really sexy orangey red if you have warm skin, it's beautiful.
smiles.gif
Those are the only 2 I own. I would def say they are bold and their semi-matte.

This is suppose to be Underage Red on Kat's lips, I kinda want to buy it lol
C18790_3.jpg

ForgetRegret

^^^That's more like what hellbent looked like on me...I was under the impression that underage red was supposed to be RED RED...but that picture looks a bit on the brownish side. ...then again, maybe it's my monitor...

...and am I the only one who hates the way she reshapes her lips?

ashley8119

I have "Underage Red" and I like it, it's a nice red but it has some definite orange tones in it. In fact, it looks very orange-y red in pictures (on me).

Shadowy Lady

I actually don't have any of them but have tried a few on at Sephora. Homegirl is a gorgeous dark plum, I loved the colour on me and the texture felt soft eventhough the lipstick looks semi-matte on your lips.

I also tried Underage Red (didn't like it on me, too orange)