Keeping a Fresh Face During Work

pahblov

Hey MAs!

I was just wondering how you guys manage to keep your makeup looking so fresh all day? Sometimes I see MAs with really intricate looks after they've been on a busy shift for a few hours and it never looks tired or faded. How do you guys do it?

baybehbekah

i know i retouch and change my lipstick through out the day just for the fun of it.
smiles.gif

Ambonee

The only thing I retouch is my lip stuff
smiles.gif
My eyes and foundation stay put all day (gotta love MAC!) I use a base for both though
smiles.gif

I use prep and prime skin under the foundation, paint pots under the shadow, add a spray of fix+ and my make-up doesn't budge! I only retouch lips because it leaves me when I eat and drink...unless I use a pro-longwear
winks.gif

erine1881

it's mac baby!
th_wink3.gif

the only thing i touch up is my lips and use some blot powder on my lunch break. that's it!

when i wear lashes i have to touch up the liner on the inner corners of my eyes tho. the glue tends to pull some of the liner off just a smidge, so sometimes i gotta fix it.

this is a pic of me on halloween (1st one of myself on this site. i'm not photogenic at all!). after a 9 hour shift. i only had to touch up my black lips. sorry, i took it with my phone on the way home.
ssad.gif

calbear

I only touch up my lips after lunch....my foundation and eyes stay all day. I too, use paint pots and prep and prime skin.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
it's mac baby!
th_wink3.gif

the only thing i touch up is my lips and use some blot powder on my lunch break. that's it!

when i wear lashes i have to touch up the liner on the inner corners of my eyes tho. the glue tends to pull some of the liner off just a smidge, so sometimes i gotta fix it.

this is a pic of me on halloween (1st one of myself on this site. i'm not photogenic at all!). after a 9 hour shift. i only had to touch up my black lips. sorry, i took it with my phone on the way home.
ssad.gif

Uhm, are you driving and snappin' photos at the same time? lol

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Uhm, are you driving and snappin' photos at the same time? lol

its bad enough that i text while driving! i was at a stop light. thats the only way to get a decent pic.
winks.gif

lara

I only retouch my lips and dab a bit of Blot on my nose. We keep a mirror hidden behind the counter so we can discreetly retouch out of sight.

Everything else is untouched; I use primers on my face and eyes to keep everything looking fresh. My counter is located in an air-conditioning dead zone so I have to worry more about my make-up aging from heat rather than, well, age.

Kuuipo

I use blot paper-the powdered kind (NARS or Shiseido have translucent powdered sheets, 100 to a felxible wallet that fits in a pocket) everytime I use the lua for shishi breaks. Blot paper only removes oil and leaves all makeup intact, and my makeup has to last double shifts through constant activity, humidity, etc. I also have oily skin. Excess makeup or powder can settle into fine lines or worse-cause blemishes or clog pores. I always apply lipstick and lip plumper over top that. (I use a cream shadow base with extreme holding power) Lipstick,gloss, blot sheets all fit neatly in a pocket of my lab coat (in a plastic thick ziplock bag to prevent contamination).

pahblov

Quote:
ssad.gif

That's amazing makeup you did for halloween!

ms.marymac

Quote:
its bad enough that i text while driving! i was at a stop light. thats the only way to get a decent pic.
winks.gif

Ha ha! I was only teasin'. Your makeup looks fabulous, BTW.
winkiss.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahblov
That's amazing makeup you did for halloween!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Ha ha! I was only teasin'. Your makeup looks fabulous, BTW.
winkiss.gif

awww, thanks people!

glamdoll

I see the MAC MA's at my counter retouch their makeup through out the day, from foundation to lipsticks to eyeshadows. Everyday.

User67

I usually just touch up with a little blot powder when needed & then just redo my lips after lunch. I use primers under everything so my make-up stays put pretty well.

FacesbyNiki

Ok, question for the oily skin girls. What do you do for keeping foundation fresh? I have yet to use prep and prime for face, I know I know. But I guess I should huh? I'm good on using oil control skin care, just thinking is there something else I could use.

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
Ok, question for the oily skin girls. What do you do for keeping foundation fresh? I have yet to use prep and prime for face, I know I know. But I guess I should huh? I'm good on using oil control skin care, just thinking is there something else I could use.

I HATE Prep & Prime Skin. I don't think it does a thing for oily skin at all...and does very little as a primer either.

I used to swear by Photofinish (Smashbox), but the price tag got a little high for me so I switched to Matte Texture. That, combined with SFF & Blot (& Green Gel, Oil Control Moisturizer, Clay masks, etc, etc) worked well for me.

As far as keeping a fresh face, MAC is very against touching up on the floor (which is why you probably don't-or shouldn't-see people touch up). In general when using the correct primers, your makeup will last all day. Use Studio Fix, P&P Lip, liner, lipstick & gloss & lips will need to be done after you eat. For your eyes, make sure to go over any pencil liner w/ shadow to help set it, and use products that are appropriate for your skin to keep that looking flawless.

lara

I swear by DiorSnow make-up primer - I've never found anything that keeps my make-up on for so long. Even in the dry, hot A/C it's hours before I see any splitting or movement.

I use the pearl one to give my face a bit of luminescence, but the non-whitening clear primer is just as great.

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
I HATE Prep & Prime Skin. I don't think it does a thing for oily skin at all...and does very little as a primer either.

I used to swear by Photofinish (Smashbox), but the price tag got a little high for me so I switched to Matte Texture. That, combined with SFF & Blot (& Green Gel, Oil Control Moisturizer, Clay masks, etc, etc) worked well for me.

As far as keeping a fresh face, MAC is very against touching up on the floor (which is why you probably don't-or shouldn't-see people touch up). In general when using the correct primers, your makeup will last all day. Use Studio Fix, P&P Lip, liner, lipstick & gloss & lips will need to be done after you eat. For your eyes, make sure to go over any pencil liner w/ shadow to help set it, and use products that are appropriate for your skin to keep that looking flawless.

How do you use the matte texture? Do you put it over or under your make-up & do you combine it with the oil control lotion?