Keeping hair dark?

FemmeBella86

I dyed my hair back to my normal hair color (chocolate brown) after being a brassy blond for months. I'm afraid after a couple washes the color might start showing up again, What tips do you guys have?

I did a search for this & found nothing relevant.

Suggestions & Comments Welcome!
cutey.gif

xsnowwhite

i have really dark hair naturally then i got highlights and tried to dye over it but the blonde continued to show through so my best advice is just to redye over it every so often with semi permanant color.
Sorry but thats the best i can say! mine kept showing through
ssad.gif
luckilly though semipermanant doesnt damage hair so you can dye it like once a month or something to cover it. That is kind of a pain though.

Oh and once it starts growing out a little(at least for me) it didn't look so bad. It looked more like Giselle Bunchen(sp? lol) hair and it was sort of pretty!

Dark_Phoenix

I use a violet shampoo to keep the brassiness out of my hair. It's usually meant for blonde hair but it won't lighten, just get rid of red tones.

I dye my hair every 6 weeks because of roots... although I've tried using demi permanents (like Natural Instincts) because of color build up from permanents. If you put in too much dye your hair won't be as shiny.

Dreamergirl3

sadly, Ive noticed just washing my hair or getting it wet is when my color fades the most, as well as from sun exposure. Try not to wash your hair too often if you can help it, and to keep it covered or out of the sun. Other than that, I love to use color depositing shampoos and just like xsnowwhite, I dye it every so often with a semi permanent hair color. One of my favorite treatments to keep my color is Tresemme ColorThrive Daily Color Lock In spray

purrtykitty

hey, try one of those color glazes. john frieda makes them (so you can find it at any drugstore, probably) and you can pick which tone suits your hair best. you use them every couple of washes and it helps keep your color glossy and fresh.

OliviaChristine

I have this problem often, as I'm constantly changing hair color. When I want my hair to stay dark, I use Aveda Black Malva conditioner. There is a Black Malva Shampoo, but it doesnt deposit as much color as the conditioner. Good luck!