Keeping makeup on ice.

moonrevel

So, it's getting warm, and I don't have air conditioning, thus my apartment is baking hot! When I went to use some of my makeup yesterday, I noticed that the heat has made it a tad softer than usual, which made me consider if refridgerating certain products, like lipsticks, might not be a bad idea.

Do any of you chill your cosmetics? Is it a good idea/bad idea? Will keeping the makeup constantly in high temperatures be bad for it? Thanks in advance.
smiles.gif

foreveratorifan

I keep my lipsticks in the fridge! Shouldn't hurt them one bit! It's basically wax anyway...it won't change the chemical make of the lipstick.

Any other creme things (like creme blushes and perhaps the paints too) could be kept in the fridge (because I can't imagine the heat is good for those at all! Not if its so hot it would make them really melted and unuseable...you can take out of the fridge what you are going to use the night before you go to bed and in the morning they will be just soft enough for you to use...and not TOO soft/hot.
smiles.gif

Hope that works for you!

foreveratorifan

^mmm i don't know about foundations! I would think LIQUID ones would be fine for sure, ones in a compact may be hard to use...hence why you'd want to take them out the night before to warm up a bit

But I honestly can't say for sure, since I haven't done that with the foundations...

Anyone else refridgerate their foundations? (personally I think on a hot day, the coolness of a liquid foundation would feel nice
smiles.gif
)

moonrevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveratorifan
Anyone else refridgerate their foundations? (personally I think on a hot day, the coolness of a liquid foundation would feel nice
smiles.gif
)

Heheh, I think I should just refridgerate everything, and then I would have at least five nice cool minutes for my face in the morning.

I think I'm probably going to pop my lipsticks in the fridge. I considered CCBs and my Moistureblend foundation, but if they melt they will at least remain in the container, whereas if the lippies melt, they will be a total mess!

melozburngr

Amen to that- I accidentally left my Pink Apertif in my car... it was soup.
ssad.gif
but I let it harden in there, and Im gonna use a brush with it.. cant let it go to waste!
smiles.gif

moonrevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
Amen to that- I accidentally left my Pink Apertif in my car... it was soup.
ssad.gif
but I let it harden in there, and Im gonna use a brush with it.. cant let it go to waste!
smiles.gif

Eek! After I read that I went and looked at one of my lipsticks and it had little dew-drops on it, so the lot of them are going right in the fridge. I can't wait to see my boyfriend's face when he goes in there for a drink and sees a big box of makeup.

aeni

Keep them in a cool dark place. Most of my makeup, including the fun toxic stuff you cant breathe in or else bad things happen, cant be in extremes. I have to keep them between 70-80F. When I had my AC go out, I put it on ice since the fridge is too cold.

Kristen

I keep nail polish and eyeliner in the fridge. (I don't really wear lipstick or foundations) Eyeliners are a lot easier to sharpen when they're cold.

leti

I wanna buy a mini-fridge to keep in my cosmetics in summer
Nail polish, lippies, foundations will be better there
something like this (i have seen one in pink really cute
th_wink3.gif
)
mf18.JPG

Sanne

That's such a great idea!

I guess the not so great weather in the Netherlands is a profit to my make-up, it's only really hot for 1/ 1,5 month, and my room is on the back of the house, by the time it's 11am, the sun turned over to the front of the house. that's why my room is the coldest all year, good thing for summers, bad thing for winters!

stevoulina

I keep my face moisturizer in the fridge and when it's really hot I also put my eyeliner pencils in the fridge too!
th_wink3.gif

Latest posts