Keratin hair treatments at home

Cerydwen

Hi, I've always liked the idea of the Brazilian Keratin treatments, but can't afford salon prices for my very long, thick hair. Last week I was walking past a hair salon and noticed that they were advertising a spray-in keratin product for home use, which apparently smoothes the hair for about 3 weeks. Unfortunately, my mind was on other things at the time, so I didn't take any notice of the brand of the product - I'll have to go back to check it out.

Having realised that there may be a home-alternative to the salon treatment, I've been looking on Amazon and Ebay, where I've discovered a multitude of products claiming to produce results similar to the salon treatments, along with keratin shampoos and conditioners that apparently produce frizz-free locks. Importantly, most of them now seem to be formaldehyde-free, which I notice in discussions elsewhere on this forum was a problem a couple of years ago, but it looks like technology has moved on.

I'm not necessarily looking for perfect results, but would be happy with a product that smoothed and tamed my thick, unruly, frizzy mane. Has anyone tried any of these products? What would you recommend?

Latest posts