Keyshia Cole's eyeshadow colors??

d n d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaycee37
Man,
I need to check myself.....I mean dnd!!
th_DANCE.gif

Thank you!!

DVD...that's funny! Do tell how it turns out, show us pics!

priss

hey mamma,

i think we were all in love with this look.

i am nw45 and here was my recipe:

brows- dipdown fluidline- yup fluidline in the brows- talk about brows made for a magazine!!!!
studio finish concealer in nw40 on the entire eye to neutralize the natural dark crease and lid that most black women have.

apply prime color saddle eyeshadow- prime is the mac technique of using a brown based neutral in the uppermost part of the crease only. prime's purpose is to marry the crease and highlight area.
this technique is stressed at mac counters and stores but it rarely appears in the directions for the face charts on the mac site.
crease color- texture

lid color bamboo - notice her lid is matte not metallic- so using texture in the crease and on the lid isnt going to give you the dimension she has.

outer crease step one- suspicion eyeshadow ( yup it was limited). start at the outermost corner of the eye and carry suspicion (print eyeshadow will work too) toward the center of the eye

outer crease step two- carbon eyeshadow- you really need to use the 2 step outer crease because carbon is so much more intense than the other colors using alone may look too "nightime". apply carbon on the outer crease, carry it toward the center but not as far an suspicion- in fact it should take up about 1/4 as much space as suspicion

liner- i lined with feline LE pencil upper and lower. her liner is more smoked/ smudged than the precision liners like fluidline and liquidlast.

my natural lashes are long so i used half lashes to really play up the dark outer corners.

undereye highlight lighthearted mystery powder- stylistics
blush- peaches
lips- orange descence lip glass ( that was limited too), the second time i wore bare truth LE lip glass, the last time i wore pink lemonade lip glass.

we should all meet up somewhere with this look on since we r so ga ga behind it

hope this helps!!! buzz me if something doesnt work

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by priss
i am nw45 and here was my recipe:

brows- dipdown fluidline- yup fluidline in the brows- talk about brows made for a magazine!!!!
studio finish concealer in nw40 on the entire eye to neutralize the natural dark crease and lid that most black women have.

apply prime color saddle eyeshadow- prime is the mac technique of using a brown based neutral in the uppermost part of the crease only. prime's purpose is to marry the crease and highlight area.
this technique is stressed at mac counters and stores but it rarely appears in the directions for the face charts on the mac site.
crease color- texture

undereye highlight lighthearted mystery powder- stylistics
blush- peaches

hope this helps!!! buzz me if something doesnt work

Ms. Priss -
I am blown away by these suggestions. I'm not interested in the KC look but these techniques are simply awesome!!! Especially the suggestion to use a prime color to marry the crease and highlight area....I have the most trouble blending those 2 areas...Now I know the "secret".

Also, using lighthearted mystery powder as an undereye highlighter and to use dipdown to fill out and tame my brows.......

I'm in awe of you, girl!!
th_worship.gif

I'm NW45, too....

CellyCell

The eyes in the cover look more pinkish than gold to me - but that's just me.

Rubenesque paint pot on the lid.
Paradisco on the inner corner eye moving up towards the crease.
Carbon/Black Tied on the outer corners.
False lashes.