Kid e/s - mislabeled at counter? Matte browns?

daphneM

Hey, just a quick query! I was looking for a certain kind matte or satin brown to buy with my Sumo Sale haul and I don't know MAC browns too well, so I went to the counter at my Macy's to make a list.

I checked out Soft Brown, and it was just too orangey for what I was seeking. I want a light-to-medium brown that's either neutral or just a *little* warm. I was swatching around and finally found the perfect one - Kid. Or at least, that's what it was labeled. But I remember looking at Kid in the past and rejecting it because it was too peachy and similar to my skin color (I'm NC25). This shadow was definitely BROWN - about as dark as Soft Brown, but much browner and not as warm. Is this actually what Kid looks like?

If it was mislabeled, what's a good brown like this? I'm thinking maybe Wedge, Omega, Cork...suggestions welcome! Okay, I could be less lazy and actually get in my car and drive to the mall with the f/s store (the Macy's is a 10-minute bus ride, the mall is 25 minutes by car only) but if anyone can help..!
smiles.gif

looovemac

I have kid as well as wedge and cork, I use all for crease and love them. Kid and wedge are very similar. I'm nc 25 as well.

MAChostage

It's not MAC but I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay's matte brown called Secret Service. The formula is as good as MAC's matte2's, IMO, nice and buttery. It's a holy grail crease brown for me.

xoleaxo

the Kid e/s I have is also pretty tan/brown, although in the pan it looks a little lighter than how it actually applies.

Saddle is a nice brown that's a little darker than Soft Brown.