Kind of Confused...

fireatwill

I FINALLY got ahold of people at MAC pro. Then when I asked to place an order she asked me for my PRO card, i asked her if since i was ordering over the phone, didnt i notneed one? She said "No. You have to have one all the time to order anything pro over the phone or internet"

This isnt true, is it?
weeping.gif

Summer

I can see that being true since anyone can order over the phone. They need proof that you are a pro card holder. (as far as the discount is concerned. No need for the card if there won't be a discount applied.)

a914butterfly

i'm not sure, but i went to the mac pro store in nyc and didn't need a pro card, but then again i was in the store. i dont know about online or over the phone, but it seems silly if you can buy it in person without a card, why not over the phone?

fireatwill

Thats what I said. Im talking to a girl in MAC livechat about this - But I think im confusing her...

jenjunsan

I don't have a card and I order over the phone all of the time-unless they changed it since the last order I placed. I would call back and talk to someone different.

Summer

for the discount you need the card though. I can see them asking to so they can give the discount. But if there is no discount, I can't see why they would ask.

fireatwill

Vanessa: Okay, so for the confusion. If you do not have a pro card, you are welcome to go to a Pro store and purchase product without a discount. However, you can not order over the phone.

Im so confused!!

user4

i've never tried to order online or over the phone, but i'm pretty sure you dont need a pro card. anyone can buy pro things just that if you dont have the pro car you dont get the discount.

glittergoddess27

They are pretty dense on the phone I noticed,.. When I place an order on the pro line I have to speak very S-l-o-w-l-y. They never ask me for a pro card and of course,. no discount. It almost seems like they try to route too many different kinds of call through each call center and the people get confused,.. if you get someone that is not working with ya,.. hang up,. wait about 15 mins and call back,.. eventually you will get someone who knows what they are doing.

user3

You can't order off the pro site w/out a card.

You CAN order over the phone and buy at any PRO store.

If someone tells you no...call back later.

I've never been told no and I've order PRO way too many times to count.

astronaut

How much is shipping on average and will the free shipping codes on the mac site work over the phone? I'm really considering ordering some pigments because I'm desperate to have them!

MAChostage

I live 6 hours away from a Pro store, which is in the same state as I am. Whenever I want something I simply call that store directly. I pay $7 for shipping, and I always receive my products in 2 days.

Latest posts