Kind-of Pink Bunny dupe

mollythedolly

cap_mac_playboy_story.jpg

MAC PLAYBOY BUNNY PINK Lipstick PLAYMATE Glitter Cream - eBay (item 320208443727 end time Jan-26-08 10:01:02 PST)

I have 2 questions reguarding Bunny Pink l/s (LE, '04, Playboy 50th Anniversary collection)

1. Is there a lipstick which looks like the color of the bunny on the lipstick? Not on the tube, but on theactual product, there's a bunny. Is there a current l/s color which somewhat resembles this color?

2. And another for the actual lipstick color? I *love* that color, it's the perfect pink but I can't describe it well :-(. The actual collection is from like '04, so I can't find it ANYWHERE! On Ebay it's like $300 (with the other peices from the collection)! I can't afford that.
thmbdn.gif

It's a lustre, if that helps.

Fairybelle

Ok, I took a look at my Bunny Pink l/s (yes, I still have it!) and the bunny on the l/s (not the tube, but the l/s itself) is actually the lipstick itself without the overspray of metallic light pink. The Playboy bunny image is actually not oversprayed and is 'carved out' into the lipstick a bit. To clarify, the l/s you see is oversprayed with the metallic pink frost/sheen. It's just for the asthetics of the l/s. The actual l/s was the bunny color...but lustre. When you put the l/s on your lips the overspray doesn't really do anything since it is on the outside of the l/s and really didn't impart any sheen on the lips.

That being said, I took a look at the bunny and my extensive-obsessive MAC collection and discovered two dupes...

If you are looking for the richness of the bunny on the lipstick and don't want it washed out into a Lustre (which Bunny Pink happens to be) try: Lovelorn

If you want a pretty darn good dupe of Bunny Pink when swatched, try: Angel

Both are permanent MAC lipsticks so they should be easy to find. HTH!

Patricia

lovelorn is exactly like bunny pink except is not frosty cos it's lustre but it's very very similar in colour

angel is a frost so you can get a similar look with this too

smiles.gif

Latest posts