Kitchmas and Softwash Grey

feebee

Hi guys.

I bought these two pigments the other evening and decided to use the Ask an Artist tool on maccosmetics.com to get some idea of what to pair them with. This is what the lady suggested for anyone who is interested!

For softwash grey she suggested two looks.

1. Apply Graphito paint to the lid and apply Softwash Grey over it for a dramatic smokey eye. Line with Blacktrack.
2. Apply Softwash Grey all over the lid, blend Shale into the crease and line with Prunella eye kohl.

For Kitchmas she suggested the following look which i am wearing today and looks so pretty:

Apply Kitchmas all over the lid, blend Shale into the crease and line with Shadowy Lady.

smiles.gif

vicuna1

I did the Softwash Grey w/Shale this morning. It looked a bit muddy on me, so I added Grape Pigment which helped considerably, and lined with Waveline Fluidline. The Shale made the Softwash just a little too drab. The bluer tones of Grape and Waveline really perked it up, bringing out the pink/lavendar undertones in Softwash.

Tomorrow I'll try the Kitschmas/Shale combo w/Shadowy Lady. I think this may work better for me. I'm NW20 blonde/blue-green with a lot of pink in my skin, by the way.

Look forward to experimenting w/Graphito and Softwash this weekend.

Thank you for the ideas!!

Winthrop44

Thanks for posting these ideas. I just ordered softwash grey yesterday and I'd like to try idea #2 when it gets here.