Kitshmas, Golden Olive, Melon etc Piggies

tropical_smiles

Hey I'm tempted to buy Kitshmas, Golden Olive, Melon and Rose piggie..what do you guys think of it. What do you normall wear it with and if you have pictures post them up. As well, is Sushi Flower a yah or nah?? How well does it go on??

me_jelly

I think Golden olive and melon piggies are a must in any pigment collection - they are so versatile and the textures are fabulous (like butter!) - you can even wear melon and golden olive together - they go with hundreds of colors so the combos are endless!

I personally really dislike kitchmas and rose (sorry!) - I have tons of pigments but can't stand the really chunky textures (these are so chunky that I just don't have the time to bother putting them on) - rose would be great as a blusher or to mix with lipgloss though - kitchmas, on the other hand, only works as a chunky highlighter (or dab on the inner corners) for my NC35 skin (even when foiled, the lilac in it doesn't really come out enough - it's mostly only silvery glitter on my skin)

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_jelly

kitchmas, on the other hand, only works as a chunky highlighter (or dab on the inner corners) for my NC35 skin (even when foiled, the lilac in it doesn't really come out enough - it's mostly only silvery glitter on my skin)

Agreed! Kitchmas is probably the worst pigment made by MAC. The texture is revoulting, its both chunkly and flaky and the colour payoff is honestly crap - its just like a jar of flaky, chalky glitter. Using it wet helps a little, but makes it messy. I have a full one and wouldnt in a billion years buy it again.

Rose is one of my all time fav's!! Yes its chunky, but using the correct technique it can be overcome to be used successfully as an eyeshadow, however its in its element as a blush or lip colour - divine!!

Golden Olive and Melon both are gorgeous colours. Melon makes a great blush as well if you can wear corals and awesome lip colour as well as eyeshadow and Golden Olive is so sweet - you can wear it with soooo many colours the list is endless!!

kuuipo1207

Golden Olive and Melon are gorgeous pigments! I think everyone should have those two.

I like Kitschmas but I could also take it or leave it. I have Rose pigment and love the color of it, but don't really wear it all that often. I would get Rose pigment before I'd get Kitschmas again.

Sushi Flower is a pretty color, but I don't really get as much color with it as I'd like. I'm NC 35 and it doesn't show up as bright on me as it looks in the pan.

KTB

Golden Olive and Melon are the only 2 p/m that I've bothered to buy a whole jar of. They are amazing colours!!!!

Rose is really nice but definitely chunkier and a little harder to work with. That said I quite like it.

Never tried Kitchmas and based on what I've read I probably won't/

knoxydoll

I'd go for everything but Kitchmas. It looks pretty but isn't that great. I love the other pigments you mentioned and I'm NW20+; I also love Sushi Flower; it's one of my favourite e/s

MACATTAK

I'd buy them all as I absolutely love pigments! The chunkier ones you can always use wet for a better/easier application.

DOLLface

Golden Olive is one of my favorite pigments. It can go with so many different things, almost everytime I do some sort of green eye look I use Golden Olive. I can't tell you anything about Melon or Rose, but I can tell you I'm not the biggest Kitchmas fan. I have a sample of it and I've tried using it two or three times as a highlight, but there's always fallout on the rest of my eye shadow. I have seen it used on here very well by a few people, so it just might depend on the way it's applied.

tropical_smiles

thank you guys so much. Considering how i got almost all negative on Kitshmas, I dont plan on wasting my money on it and most likely going to pick up Golden Olive and Melon.

So my next question is...what do you guys use Golden Olive and Melon with. I know most of you said that you can use it with mostly anything or even together. But I know with my piggies or e/s. There are some items I only wear with each other. What do you guys mostly mix these babies with?

I saw this beautiful sunset eyes done on LJ and it was beautiful though I think half of her items are discontined. What would you guys use for a sunset look?

kuuipo1207

I've used melon in a look that I did that was kinda like a sunset. I posted it in the FOTD forum...here's the thread.
http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=74961

I've also used Golden Olive for a Green FOTD I did on here also...
http://www.specktra.net/showthread.p...133#post830133

I've also used Golden Olive on it's own blended with some browns for a spiced up neutral look. And I've done the same with Melon. I can tell you this....Golden Olive looks GREAT over Greenstroke paint pot! Haven't tried Melon yet with the paint pots though.

panda0410

I always use Golden Olive as an e/s - almost always with Green (frost) piggie which was sadly DC. But I often wear it with Gold Dusk, Emerald Green, Melon, Rose, any of the purples are also nice. Honestly it goes with everything, including the taupes and browns, I havent seen an awful Golden Olive combo yet. It also makes a HOT mascara if you tint some clear mascara with it!! Melon is much the same - its such a universal colour you can use it for anything. I especially like Melon as a blush - just use a big soft brush and apply gently, or as lip colour - tinted lipgloss is the nicest.

Sunset looks - there are soooooo many colours to choose from its impossible to list them all. Heres a couple of piggies that might help - Accent Red, Ruby Red, Revved Up, Apricot Pink, Pink Bronze, Off The Radar, Gold Dusk, Golden Lemon, Gold frost, Melon, Goldenaire, Deckchair, Jardin Aires, Dazzleray and Gold Mode
smiles.gif

VioletB

I have never had Melon pigment.. but I've seen it and it's so pretty!! Golden Olive is gorgeous too. I had a love/hate relationship with Kitschmas.. I couldn't ever get it to work for me unless it was a highlight. Then I found this video with Chantel Miller.. You should watch it.. it might make you like Kitschmas a little better..
smiles.gif
click here

kuuipo1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
I have never had Melon pigment.. but I've seen it and it's so pretty!! Golden Olive is gorgeous too. I had a love/hate relationship with Kitschmas.. I couldn't ever get it to work for me unless it was a highlight. Then I found this video with Chantel Miller.. You should watch it.. it might make you like Kitschmas a little better..
smiles.gif
click here

I've seen that video before, but forgot all about it!! Thanks for posting it and jogging my memory!!
cheerleader.gif

tropical_smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I always use Golden Olive as an e/s - almost always with Green (frost) piggie which was sadly DC. But I often wear it with Gold Dusk, Emerald Green, Melon, Rose, any of the purples are also nice. Honestly it goes with everything, including the taupes and browns, I havent seen an awful Golden Olive combo yet. It also makes a HOT mascara if you tint some clear mascara with it!! Melon is much the same - its such a universal colour you can use it for anything. I especially like Melon as a blush - just use a big soft brush and apply gently, or as lip colour - tinted lipgloss is the nicest.

Sunset looks - there are soooooo many colours to choose from its impossible to list them all. Heres a couple of piggies that might help - Accent Red, Ruby Red, Revved Up, Apricot Pink, Pink Bronze, Off The Radar, Gold Dusk, Golden Lemon, Gold frost, Melon, Goldenaire, Deckchair, Jardin Aires, Dazzleray and Gold Mode
smiles.gif

Kuipoo i love your video's. I found them on youtube before. Awesome stuff....I am different going to try these looks out but first i think i want to master the green look. I haven't been able to do it but it just looks so good with your brown eyes! I can't wait..this may not be good...i don't want to turn this into another 400 dollar trip at mac since i want to get the collections that are coming out in the next few weeks!! I am determined to walk out with only melon and golden olive..ok maybe i'll play with a few more things teehee :p

tropical_smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
smiles.gif
click here

same here i remember seeing this video as well on you tube. What are your other favorite you tube makeup videos?

kuuipo1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical_smiles
Kuipoo i love your video's. I found them on youtube before. Awesome stuff....I am different going to try these looks out but first i think i want to master the green look. I haven't been able to do it but it just looks so good with your brown eyes! I can't wait..this may not be good...i don't want to turn this into another 400 dollar trip at mac since i want to get the collections that are coming out in the next few weeks!! I am determined to walk out with only melon and golden olive..ok maybe i'll play with a few more things teehee :p

Aww thanks sweetie! It's always nice to meet someone outside of youtube that likes my videos! Makes me feel needed. lol. Greens are my favorite to wear cause of the way they make my boring brown eyes seem not so boring. lol.
smiles.gif
Happy shopping...and good luck with the walking out with only two things. lol.
lmao.gif

tropical_smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuipo1207
Aww thanks sweetie! It's always nice to meet someone outside of youtube that likes my videos! Makes me feel needed. lol. Greens are my favorite to wear cause of the way they make my boring brown eyes seem not so boring. lol.
smiles.gif
Happy shopping...and good luck with the walking out with only two things. lol.
lmao.gif

lol come on Kuuipo you know we want more videos..don't make me hold a petition..the "WE WANT KUUIPO TO DO MORE MAC TUTORIAL" PETITION!!!!
you have to enlighten your fans!!!! lol or i'll start requesting!!

Latest posts