KNAPSACK;BRIEFCASE;TOOLBELT

KIT

Are any of these worth getting?
your thoughts please before i spend my money.
Does the Knapsack and Briefcase have comparments for my brushes and stuff. or is it like a big suitcase i can buy a target???

Thanks,
Kit

archangeli

I have the MAC Carry-All. I took it with me when I went to Europe for a month last year. It fit 3 15-pan palettes (yes, i downsized!
winks.gif
), full sized bottles of eye makeup remover and green gel cleanser, a spritzer with brush cleaner, and TONS of other toiletries.

of all the MAC accessories, this is the most practical for me.

archangeli

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
Me too, I want the toolbelt. Someone know the price?

IIRC it's a little less than $60 in Ontario after GST and PST. So the retail price is probably about $50.

saramwrap

These are AMAZING accessories!

The toolbelt is great for carrying your brushes as you work, so you don't have to sort through them on a countertop. You can also store small items like wands and sponges and tissues in there, and perhaps a small tube of Duo or Gloss.

The knapsack and briefcase are very similar, the only difference between them is really how you carry them (like a backpack versus like a suitcase). They've got lots of specialized spaces inside of them, like mesh pouches and palette pouches. The palette pouches are removeable, so you can pull them out to tote 15-pan and 6-pan palettes.

The toolbelt retails for $39 in the US, and the knapsack and briefcase are each $150. The toolbelt is definitely worthwhile to own if you like having your brushes on hand... the other two are a much bigger investment that may not be worth it to you. If you have a discount, that might help, but I got my knapsack on eBay for about $80 and that's the only way I could really afford it!

KIT

saramwrap: do you happen to have a picture of the knapsack and briefcase open?
I really want to invest in something like that, but im not sure if im only paying for the brand or not.
I want it to hold a lot.

I have the PPID so it will cost me about $90.00. Is it worth it?
It is a pretty good size?

saramwrap

Here's my review from LJ of the knapsack, including links to two photographs (open and closed). It's not huge, it's basically sized like a typical backpack. The briefcase is nearly identical inside.

I like mine, though I haven't had much use for it yet!

KIT

OMG, I love it.
Thanks soo much for your help..
I will be keeping an eye out on ebay!!!

Thanks

MacLover

Is the knapsack sold only at a pro store?

Does anyone have the Carry All? I was thinking about buying that to have something big enough to store all my MAC and things in when I travel.

saramwrap

The Knapsack is a PRO exclusive, so it's available at PRO locations and through the 1-800.

I wasn't too impressed with the Carry-All... it's not really what I'm looking for in a travel bag. I like things with more pouches and partitions than it had to offer, and it didn't seem like the sort of dimensions that would fit readily inside my suitcase. I usually travel with the clutch that holds multiple magnetic square pouches (which seems to be discontinued now) and a brush roll.

MacLover

Thanks for the information. Sounds like I would get more use out of the Knapsack. Guess I better start saving for one.

KIT

Saramwrap: do you think it would be better hold e/s pallets then individual e/s?

Thanks.
kit

saramwrap

Since it has palette pouches (for 15 and 6-pan palettes), I think it's designed for palettes. They really are a streamlined way to transport a lot of color, and keep them organized, so I think Pro bags are designed more for them.