Knee pain (running)- Need advice

moonlit

Hi

I would like to know if anyone of you have chondromalacia(knee pain)I love running and well I overdid it at the end of January 2008.Ever since I havent been running.My orthopedic gave me MSM, Glycosamine and Chondroitin tablets.I started taking them since march.. I am doing well now - No knee pain.

However I want to get back to gyming & running.I still have this weird noise in my left knee (like a click after i bend it beyond 90 degrees) its been 8 months and im sure thats long enough for the knee to heal.. can someone advice?

thanks
Moonlit
smiles.gif

Kayteuk

Definitly go back to your doctor and get it checked out. It should be okay if you warm up for a bit longer!

xxManBeaterxx

8 months is a long time to heal, but the knee is such a delicate area that is always moving that it can take a year to heal minimum depending on how severe your injury was.

Running on pavement definately applies a ton of pressure on your knee's. So when you get back into running make sure you buy a great pair of shoes (get fitted at a shoe runners shop), and i would stick to running on a softer surfaces like grass and stay away from threadmills for a while and find low impact exersize machines like those step climbers, atleast until you are sure you are 100% well. OH make sure to stretch!!

Latest posts