Korean Skintone? Need Ideas for X-Mas Present!

Isis

I can't believe this is keeping me awake...

Anyway, here's the dillema. I'm giving my b/f's little sister a cosmetics bag full of M.A.C. for Christmas since I KNOW she has pretty much nothing in the way of makeup. My problem is I only ever get to see her maybe 1-2x durring the year. She's 16 and would most likelly want to keep her looks simple, but not too simple. Some color would be nice. I was thinking Neutrals, Taups, & Pinks? I don't know, whatever you guys come up with I'll consider!
smiles.gif

*The only things I won't be buying are foundation, concealor, etc...
I'm open to any and all recs for this! (as I have to have this done by friday!) TIA!

Isis

purples would be good too
smiles.gif

Any specific ones though for e/s & l/g?

Here's what I've thought of so far:
Shroom, Naked Lunch, Girlie, Phloof!,Shale, Crystal
Purrr, Nymphette, & Chai lipglass
Duck Power Point eyeliner
Mascara X

I'd like more though
smiles.gif

YOOTOPiA

Here's what I've thought of so far:
Shroom, Naked Lunch, Girlie, Phloof!,Shale, Crystal
Purrr, Nymphette, & Chai lipglass
Duck Power Point eyeliner
Mascara X

Those all sound good. I'm Korean and I've found the Idol Eyes collection to work very well for me. Plus they're veluxe pearls so she might have an easier time applying them. I liked all that glitters, twinks, dazzlelight for neutral-ry colors. My staple for neutral looks is brule/shroom for a wash. I also like woodwinked, mulch and sumptuous olive. As for purples if you're going with shale and crystal I suggest dove feather, smut, shadowy lady as well to give it a little contrast/smokiness vibe. I think you should definitely consider some greens though. Theres so many great colors that would add oomph without looking too garish like juxt, swimming, humid or femme noir. If not a clean natural/brown look can also be kid, brown down and embark, wedge or cork, . Just some other combos that I find to work well with me as well as other Koreans/Asians. But yeah... almost every single girl I know regardless of background always wants a "smoky eye" look so there's always black tied, carbon, silver ring, forgery, knight divine, print or scene.
You know... re-reading this entry it doesn't seem like it's of much help hahahaha cause I'm just throwing things out there instead of narrowing it down... Good luck though =)

YOOTOPiA

oh i forgot and for lipglasses i find that viva glam v, love child and c-thru look good on the majority =) (just to describe the type of "korean infested" neighborhood i grew up in lemme tell you about my high school... 80% asian of which AT LEAST 50% was korean. my graduating senior class had 30 lee's and 28 kim's hahaha not even counting the park's choi's, etc)

Isis

LOL yeah that sounds like her HS too. We've got a huge asian population in the DC metro area. 98% of my friends are asian too, mostly guys though and they know 0 about makeup
tong.gif

Thanks for the recs! It's really a great help to me!
Let me know if you think of more.

xiahe

oh yes, as for purples:

beautiful iris, satellite dreams, parfait amour, mystical mist (or au contraire...they're practically the same), trax & nocturnelle just to name a few.

instant gold / love nectar lustreglass

asian people tend to have olive undertones or tend to be very tan so i think greens would also flatter her skin very nicely. however, if you think greens would be too bright for her, then i would just stick with the purples, neutrals, pinks, & taupes. ^_^

Isis

Oh Instant Gold. I totaly forgot about that one! I'll add that to the list
smiles.gif

Ok. I think I have enough ideas for 2 quads & 4 glosses.... what about blush though? I was thinking NARS Orgasm or Angelica (I LOVE that color).

YOOTOPiA

ive heard great things about nars orgasm flattering everyone. as for mac, i think sincere, margin, peachykeen or dollymix is pretty suitable for asian skintones. wow what a great girlfriend you are =)

Isis

Great! I'll check out those blushes, thanks!
She misses hanging out with me, so I like to spoil her
smiles.gif

Last year I got her a Coach bag with some Chanel mini glosses inside.

asnbrb

i'm japanese and i have dame, blushbaby and prism for blushes. i've heard good things about orgasm

anuy

i'm korean. i guess u could say i'm really olive. for me, engraved powerpoint is a must have! and koreans tend to have shorter stiff eyelashes so fibre riche in all black is also a must have. i think prr and cthru are great lipglass choices and i get so many compliments w/ naked lunch so i think thats a good choice as well!

have fun shopping!

Isis

I knew I should have gone with my instincts on Naked Lunch! haha hm, maybe I'll save that for her Birthday or something. I did get Purrr though
smiles.gif

I wouldn't be so clueless if I got to see her more often
ssad.gif

Latest posts